DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking drone to Fiji

Mate of mine has recently returned from there and has a lot of amazing footage. Tips - be polite, engage the locals and you shouldn't have any troubles!

Exactly! They love the Publicity of their Island! Respect[emoji1360]

Reactions: MauiHiFlyer
I'll be going in two weeks. I did reach out to a Drone company in Fiji and they were so helpful!

Email: [email protected]

He responded with this form (attached) and mentioned a 200 ft height limit if you are non-commercial.

Fill out and send back and you should be good to go.

Attachments

• Fiji - Drone Form.pdf
    384 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
I was in Fiji two month ago with my mavic.
www.caaf.org.fj is the website of the Civil Aviation Authority of Fiji and contact is i[email protected]

They will send you the form that is attached to the post above. Fill it out, send it back and keep a copy (print it out!) for customs (in case they ask you). Done!

Remeber to "bula!" everyone there - they are so nice!!!

PS: I have attached the same PDF but with the fields being marked for input so you can fill it out on the computer instead of doing it by hand :)

Attachments

• op_137_-_permission_to_operate_small_rpas.pdf
    376.6 KB · Views: 321
Hi all - and thank you very much for posting this information. I am heading to Fiji in a couple of weeks and am hoping to take my Mavic Pro.

Could I just confirm - did you submit the form to the info@ email address (and did you receive a confirmation of approval to operate)?

Thanks in advance!

Correct, send it and keep a copy printed out. They won't confirm anything, so just send them another email if they have received the form and can confirm that you are allowed to fly.

Just wanted to share my experience getting authorization to fly my Mavic in Fiji for our upcoming trip, as they have changed the form they use. still very easy to do.

send an email to CAAF (civi aviation authority of Fiji) at the following address requesting to fly your drone for personal use:

[email protected]

they will send you back this form, or similar, they have changed this form in the last couple months... anyway fill it out, sign it and send it back, keep a copy with you and you are good to go.

Easy right?!

happy flying everyone

Attachments

• OP 137 (2).pdf
    567.6 KB · Views: 209
Just wanted to share my experience getting authorization to fly my Mavic in Fiji for our upcoming trip, as they have changed the form they use. still very easy to do.

send an email to CAAF (civi aviation authority of Fiji) at the following address requesting to fly your drone for personal use:

[email protected]

they will send you back this form, or similar, they have changed this form in the last couple months... anyway fill it out, sign it and send it back, keep a copy with you and you are good to go.

Easy right?!

happy flying everyone

Thanks for the update. This is a big help.

I live in Fiji currently. Been here since January. Brought a Karma into the country and although Customs can be weird and/or difficult - drones are pretty straight forward. You can bring it straight in - no need to notify anyone or fill out anything in advance. (you can if you want but it isn't necessary). They will want to see it and you will fill out a quick and easy form right at the airport. It has a list of rules to abide by but they are just the common sense types of things. Warning of use of footage for commercial purposes. Fiji LOVES taxes in all sorts of ways. Personal use is no biggy but working at a resort, I either must post to my OWN (personal) FB page and tag the resort or if I want to post it directly from the resort's page, I must have a commercial permit for the drone.

Hope this helps!!

Vinaka

PS - couple of cultural points - Fiji is a dirty and poor third world country. They are the nicest people ever and will gladly do anything for you. Tipping is not a thing here so, transport rides, meals, etc are just the cost requested and not tipped for.

I live in Fiji currently. Been here since January. Brought a Karma into the country and although Customs can be weird and/or difficult - drones are pretty straight forward. You can bring it straight in - no need to notify anyone or fill out anything in advance. (you can if you want but it isn't necessary). They will want to see it and you will fill out a quick and easy form right at the airport. It has a list of rules to abide by but they are just the common sense types of things. Warning of use of footage for commercial purposes. Fiji LOVES taxes in all sorts of ways. Personal use is no biggy but working at a resort, I either must post to my OWN (personal) FB page and tag the resort or if I want to post it directly from the resort's page, I must have a commercial permit for the drone.

Hope this helps!!

Vinaka

PS - couple of cultural points - Fiji is a dirty and poor third world country. They are the nicest people ever and will gladly do anything for you. Tipping is not a thing here so, transport rides, meals, etc are just the cost requested and not tipped for.

Great advice. Thank you.

Reactions: robertwmillard
I was just at the CAA office here in Fiji. Delivered the filled out form, which was then stamped by the inspector. He gave me the form back, with his business card attached and said ”any problems, just call me.” Really nice, professional and friendly service. Everyone I have met has been friendly, soft-spoken and kind. Re the “dirty” referee to in another post, I have not seen that yet.

Reactions: Anthony Wilson
Hey guys, great topic - I put together a little sum up of all known legislation here for all to know in a glimpse Thumbswayup
I personally loved the Fiji Islands.. here's a little tribute to the great moments spent there

Last edited:
Reactions: Shon
Anything change recently with Fiji drone permitting for personal use? Heading here in early April. Filled out form and sent in but did not here a reply (over a month). Sounds like this is normal?
My resort (castaway Island) says it’s fine to fly just notify the GM in advance

Looks like Richard with drone services is still around and very helpful. He got me setup!

I timely thread. Bought my Mavic Air with the express intent of flying in Fiji. Will head out there sometime in June. I downloaded the form... and sent an email to CAAF just in case they have a new form...But I suspect I will just have to respect Island time...and just go with the flow...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS