DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking Mavic on an airplane

Just took my Mavic to Mexico had no problems at all carrying on the whole Fly more kit. I had it all in the included bag, and put that inside my book bag. They have me more problems with my iPad Pro than the Mavic

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Tweet a picture of your mavic to @askTSA

62ba90c0e5e171a907166f691749b6af.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I carry on Delta Airlines my 3DR Solo kit in the GoProfessional 5.11 bag with 6 batteries regularly. Never had an issue. I added Mavic and three batteries to that bag, and still no issues to date at multiple airports in the USA.

Flew back from Mexico yesterday had all my cameras and Mavic in my carry on (Backpack) Mavic, Osmo+ and A6000, they made me remove each item and run through scanner individually. They pulled the OSmo for a closer look and bomb residue swipe, no issue with the Mavic , just the Osmo

I took my Mavic last week, and they didn't even look at it. With my phantoms they would open up the backpack case 100% of the time.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I flew with my Mavic on SWA twice over Thanksgiving weekend and had absolutely zero issues. In the event of a full flight, anybody should be able to fit a bag with a Mavic and accessories under the seat in front of them, even in one of the new GPC cases.

Last edited:
It would be pretty difficult flying it inside the plane, especially if the plane banks. The inertial gyros would probably force it to crash against the fuselage and falling on someone's head.
You would have to ask permission from the passengers if they mind. Lol!

That article says that the only reason he couldn't have it on the plane was because of the batteries, not because it's a drone. You can only fly with that type of battery in carry on, but the flight didn't have room for his phantom in carry on. The issue occurred when he was asked to check it. Therefore if your mavic fits in carry on you'll be fine right? I plan on keeping mine in a case not much bigger than it is, inside my backpack with my laptop and other valuables/breakable that can't be checked in

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Just took my mavic on a trip this past week. Just put the bag in one of the bins At the TSA checkpoint and that was it. Did it same way coming home with no issues. They never even unzipped it. I have the DJI standard mavic bag. I'm flying with it again tomorrow. Don't expect any issues

Last edited:
Also, I had the full fly more package in the bag.. no issue. Also, I keep the mavic bag in my backpack when on the plane. You can only carry on one bag and one extra bag like a backpack. I have a nice travelpro backpack the carries my computer and work stuff but has plenty of room to serve as a second piece of luggage. It's awesome. Just barely fits under the seat as required.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada