Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Taking off from steep hill

sar104

It doesn't need to be totally flat, but a steep incline may cause problems taking off or landing. You may need to make a hand launch and catch, the latter probably requiring the sensors to be turned off.

mad monkey

You can hand launch and catch without disabling anything. If it hits a rth situation the drone will come back and then say unsuitable landing stop and give you options on screen.

msinger

Website
www.MavicHelp.com
If it hits a rth situation the drone will come back and then say unsuitable landing stop and give you options on screen.
That's the ideal situation assuming the sensors are able to detect the unsafe landing location. Since the sensors are not foolproof, it would be best to take off from a location where the ground is flat (if possible).

mad monkey

I did some testing the other day of rth in my area. I launched from a pad on flat ground. Flew out hit rth and it wanted to land on the hill instead. So I took back over and blamo. Landed like a pro lol

Just take off from your hand. Dead easy to do, just make sure whole hand is on underside of drone and fingers aren't up near where the blades are.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albert Phang