DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking off in Salem Massachusetts

New England Droning

Reactions
First Drone and got the Mavic Mini 2 and took it above Salem woods. love the app and control and does anyone know if we can paint these things black or blue. I went up to the local airspace ceiling (400') and looked for it... Maybe I'm too old but I could not spot it. I used the app to center it over me and brought it in closer and continued my flight. Only used one battery.

I've seen the videos where people are taking drones out over canyons and I can't believe they have the eyes of eagles themselves that they are maintaining the LOS which to me means being able to see it as well as nothing between them and the drone...

But I have a lot to learn and this seems to be a good resource... Safe Flying!

Oh, here is my first drone video.

Last edited:
People flying over canyons and such are most likely not flying within VLOS and in the event of a problem, the pilot would be at fault.
That is what I thought but it was amazing footage. I will probably get my part 107 in the future. I want to find out if the 107 is needed if the images are created as art? I tend to term my art as business but since I don't make a living at it. I'll be looking in the forum for guidance.

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

That is what I thought but it was amazing footage. I will probably get my part 107 in the future. I want to find out if the 107 is needed if the images are created as art? I tend to term my art as business but since I don't make a living at it. I'll be looking in the forum for guidance.

From everything I've understood, a 107 doesn't change the rules when you're flying as a hobbyist. It does affect any commercial / 'business' flights.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

First Drone and got the Mavic Mini 2 and took it above Salem woods. love the app and control and does anyone know if we can paint these things black or blue. I went up to the local airspace ceiling (400') and looked for it... Maybe I'm too old but I could not spot it. I used the app to center it over me and brought it in closer and continued my flight. Only used one battery.

I've seen the videos where people are taking drones out over canyons and I can't believe they have the eyes of eagles themselves that they are maintaining the LOS which to me means being able to see it as well as nothing between them and the drone...

Have fun with your drone!There are some great places to fly on the north shore.The mansions on the water in Beverly and Manchester are incredible and most can't be seen from the road.The sandbars at low tide in Essex Bay are beautiful.

Hi from an X-Massachusetts guy now in Texas. for visibility I put wraps and strobes on my two M1P's. I got everything on Amazon. The strobes, including the velcro are just 3.67 grams each. I got a pack of 3 for about $80 and the charge last a long time. The wraps were $35 each and if you take your time they can come out pretty good. Mine are 3M Wrap Grade Series 1080strobe.jpgIMG_0440.jpg

Welcome to the sky, Jeff! Enjoy your new perspective. Your ground work is great and I’m sure you’ll do as well flying. As for selling or making money in anyway, you’re going to need the part 107. I had prepared for mine before the virus hit, and will get it someday soon. Lots of free study and practice tests on the net. As for now just enjoying flying and post your work on Facebook as I’m doing. We should connect soon.

Hello neighbor. And welcome. I am just down the road from you. SWANSEA.....

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mini 2, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest