DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking the Mavic to Turkey - Istanbul

Youser

Reactions
With the little research I've done so far, I've gathered that you have to register the Mavic because it weighs over 500grams. Some are saying that this rule only applies for commercial use.

Can anyone that's been to Istanbul recently share their experience?

We have a registration system in Turkey and Mavics should be registered into civil aviation system. However i don't have information for the tourists or foreigners. Because licencing web page needs national id number.

Only Sparks can fly without registration.

We have a registration system in Turkey and Mavics should be registered into civil aviation system. However i don't have information for the tourists or foreigners. Because licencing web page needs national id number.

Only Sparks can fly without registration.

I read something about a foreign ID number. Not sure what that is. Hopefully someone has been recently and can shed some light

Foreign ID is only valid for foreigners who has resident permit in Turkey. As a tourist you cannot get this ID number. Unfortunately we don’t have any clear instructons for tourists who has uav.

Also it is quite hard for us to fly in big cities such as Istanbul even with registered pilot id card.

Foreign ID is only valid for foreigners who has resident permit in Turkey. As a tourist you cannot get this ID number. Unfortunately we don’t have any clear instructons for tourists who has uav.

Also it is quite hard for us to fly in big cities such as Istanbul even with registered pilot id card.

I'll probably pass on taking the Mavic there then

@mavicvietnamHCM nice photo [emoji1360]

But i warn you in advance :)

Even i’m Turkish citizen and i have valid licence for flight but i cannot.

Nowadays quite strict because few days ago the terrorist catched with mavic with explosives in eastern border.

Reactions: mavicvietnamHCM
@mavicvietnamHCM nice photo [emoji1360]

But i warn you in advance :)

Even i’m Turkish citizen and i have valid licence for flight but i cannot.

Nowadays quite strict because few days ago the terrorist catched with mavic with explosives in eastern border.
Really? It's very danger.
Mavicer please fly with caution.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf