DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tandem Flying

Sneakygoat

Reactions
Hi all,

Heading back to a high school reunion next weekend and one of my good friends who has a Mavic Pro and subsequently got me into the hobby will be there. We are planning on flying our drones at the same time as long as the weather cooperates.

Anyone does this; and if so have any tips? Obviously we will remain clear of each other at different altitudes and avoid any sort of a collision possibility. Is there any sort of interference we need to be concerned about etc?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

You should be fine, as each Mavic only "hears" the controller that is bound to it. I've read that up to three Mavics can be flown together without any bandwidth issues.

That said, I would still do a brief low hover check, with both aircraft, to make sure there is no interference or bleed, before setting off to fly.

Reactions: Sneakygoat
You should be fine, as each Mavic only "hears" the controller that is bound to it. I've read that up to three Mavics can be flown together without any bandwidth issues.

That said, I would still do a brief low hover check, with both aircraft, to make sure there is no interference or bleed, before setting off to fly.

My son and I fly safely together all the time

Reactions: Sneakygoat
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive