DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Temperature warned too high AND low simultaneously?

meganslee

Reactions
When I first turn on the drone, it warns of the aircraft overheating and “Temperatures of environment too low”. I updated the firmware as some other suggested. I hear the fans working. I’m wondering if it’s safe to fly despite the warnings since maybe it’s just a software error. I just bought the drone a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• 7CE8B1FE-18F8-4ADB-BDBE-B6AB3EA140AE.png
    7CE8B1FE-18F8-4ADB-BDBE-B6AB3EA140AE.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 41
  • A0482212-9DD6-4E26-B874-72DD254753FE.png
    A0482212-9DD6-4E26-B874-72DD254753FE.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 38
  • 0F848A6F-4ACE-48C7-B0B2-07D9EABCFD2D.png
    0F848A6F-4ACE-48C7-B0B2-07D9EABCFD2D.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 38
When I first turn on the drone, it warns of the aircraft overheating and “Temperatures of environment too low”. I updated the firmware as some other suggested. I hear the fans working. I’m wondering if it’s safe to fly despite the warnings since maybe it’s just a software error. I just bought the drone a few weeks ago.

That is the kind of error that you do not want to keep flying even if you hear the fans running.
Most likely that is critical error that cannot be fixed with updates.

I would not fly but get replaced ASAP.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

Hi meganslee Welcome to Mavic Pilots.
Sorry to see you are having problems.
Is it the Air 2 ?
Not a lot of help from me but the operating temperature should be from -10°c to 40°c
Apart from updating the firmware, other people say that worked for them (you already did that) I don’t know what to suggest but I am sure others will be along to help.

I laughed when I seen the first two pictures, I did the same thing.

I had the MA2 sitting on the floor next to a cooling vent and got the same message. :D

I don't have an explanation for the overheat other than it may have been sitting in the sun while off?

Reactions: hiflyer201
Hello. Just curious. When you activated your MA2; Did you perform the firmware update to the latest version? I ask because I had the same message appear when I activated mine. After I performed the firmware update; the alert disappeared and has not been back since. The AC flies wonderfully and so far I have not experienced any problems. From what I have read and seen in many forums and videos; there have been numerous occurrences of this same alarm issue and it always seems to occur with newly purchased MA2 AC's BEFORE they have updated to the latest version of the firmware; which I believe was released in August 2020. Please keep us posted. I'd like to know how many other pilots have experienced this. Thanks.

Reactions: hiflyer201
I noticed in the pictures that the MA2 seems to be sitting on carpet. That could be blocking the vents on the bottom causing the overheating.

I noticed in the pictures that the MA2 seems to be sitting on carpet. That could be blocking the vents on the bottom causing the overheating.

We have done some test where we covered all the vents on the Air 2 and the Mavic 2 and been able to fly back to back without any over heating issues.
When everything is working correctly these drones are designed to negotiate heat unless there is something that is just broken.

Phantomrain.org

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll