DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Temporary No Fly Zone

CDS618

Reactions
Hello everyone I am a new Mavic owner. I purchased a Mavic Pro Platinum a few weeks ago. I have a question about temporary no-fly zones. I live in Westchester County just outside of New York City. Over the weekend they implemented a no-fly zone due to the United Nations being in session. I was flying my Mavic a half an hour prior to the ban going in effect. I was wondering what would have happened if I was in the air when the time came & the ban went into effect. Would my Mavic have RTH or landed right where it was. Thanks in advance

If you do well and put your phone in flight mode to cut all connections like it would be wise to do, then obviously nothing.

There have been reports of landing in place but it's so rare it's hard to know.

Hello everyone I am a new Mavic owner. I purchased a Mavic Pro Platinum a few weeks ago. I have a question about temporary no-fly zones. I live in Westchester County just outside of New York City. Over the weekend they implemented a no-fly zone due to the United Nations being in session. I was flying my Mavic a half an hour prior to the ban going in effect. I was wondering what would have happened if I was in the air when the time came & the ban went into effect. Would my Mavic have RTH or landed right where it was. Thanks in advance

Where do you fly in Westchester? I was visiting a friend over the weekend and we got kicked out of Tibbets Park, even though Airmap said it was ok to fly in and it isn't a state park.

We ended up shooting in an empty baseball field off a walking path with a lot of empty space around it.

Here's what happens. I tried to fly (in my garage) when the Blue Angels were performing. Your United Nations Ban was due to Trump. He has a multi-mile zone around him at all times.

Here's what happens. I tried to fly (in my garage) when the Blue Angels were performing. Your United Nations Ban was due to Trump. He has a multi-mile zone around him at all times.

Man...that would be fun huh? Hopefully you're not over water when that happens! But you should have situational awareness prior to taking off and not put the UAS in harms way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven