DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Test flight tomorrow

Murdoch

Reactions
Doing an experiment to see if the new stiffer props of the mini 2 make a difference in speed on the mavic mini. First basement test revealed the sound is the same within 2 decibels. 75-77 for stock props and mini 2 props. I modified some amazon motor caps to make this work. Don’t try screwing these directly onto your mini the thread sizes are different. I will let you all know the results.

Attachments

• 786EE289-1746-4A52-8464-683FDD75F7F2.jpeg
    786EE289-1746-4A52-8464-683FDD75F7F2.jpeg
    986.7 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: shaneb50
Wow, 2 decibels is a significant difference. I do hope your new props are quieter.
Did you account for the left and right rotation direction of the props with your new threads otherwise a prop may come unscrewed during flight?
Good luck on your test flight!

Ruud

Ok test flight complete. There was no noticeable difference in noise level. A different sound for sure but it still maxed out at 27 mph. However there was an improvement in handling especially during hard stops and turns. I guess from less flex from the stiffer props. So all and all not quite what I expected. I may be willing to put the whole setup on eBay if someone else wanted to play around with them. Let me know if your interested.

Reactions: shaneb50
The result is fully expected. In no-wind or tail-wind conditions, the max ground speed is controlled by the flight controller, not the thrust produced by the props.

Last edited:
Thanks. I recollect reading the MMs' are 1.6 x 0.35, you have to wonder at such a change lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake