DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Test video. Altitude hold trouble.

ToddK

Reactions
Did a test today near my house. Was having trouble getting my Mavic to hold altitude. We are coming out of winter so my thought is the water in the river was cold from snow melt and it was affecting the barometer sensors. Does this sound right? You could feel the temp in the air. The video doesn't really show that.

Video info:
ND16 on an overcast day.
1080p 30 fps
FinalCutPro color adjustments
Seems soft, maybe needed to focus first.

Youve got talent. Very difficult to catch that footage especially from where you were standing.

What altitude were you having trouble holding and how much was it varying? Over water? Wind conditions?

Amidst all of those trees, were you able to maintain a high GPS count during the entire flight? If you were directly over water, you should disable your bottom sensors. There's a known phenomenon of the downward sensors on the Mavic be fooled by moving water, that results in it dropping down during flight.

Reactions: Kilrah
I had 13 satellites, no wind. It was happening mostly when I was started the flight and was hovering right over the bottom pool. A lot of temp changes going on so I found it hard to get a smooth shot with the up and down floating. I used tripod mode as well.

Good point. I will try without downward sensors. At times it seemed like it would have dropped into the drink. Sometimes it was floating up. Was better the further off the water I went.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy