DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Testing Skyreat 16ND filter for Mini-2

Call me dumb- but I see no difference. I use ND filters when the light is just too bright to shoot, and to create motion blur with moving objects. Of course, there are no moving objects in this this building or storefront.
So, I'm not the only one then. I don't see a difference either, but my laptop can barely do HD so I wasn't sure if that was the problem. Yes, only the drone is moving, but the building is moving relative to the drone.

Any suggestions for another test?

So, I'm not the only one then. I don't see a difference either, but my laptop can barely do HD so I wasn't sure if that was the problem. Yes, only the drone is moving, but the building is moving relative to the drone.

Any suggestions for another test?
Do two things
1) film on a very bright day. Since the Mini 2 has no aperture, set the shutter at a slow speed (1/30), and film with and without ND 16.
2) film motion (traffic) at slow shutter (1/30-1/25) with and without ND 16.

I'm sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong.

Dale

1/60 at ISO 100 with the ND16 is about as bright as Michigan gets this time of year!

ND32 should get me down to 1/30 but I thought 2x the FPS was the ideal?

Alright, I'll try moving cars next.

1/60 at ISO 100 with the ND16 is about as bright as Michigan gets this time of year!

ND32 should get me down to 1/30 but I thought 2x the FPS was the ideal?

Alright, I'll try moving cars next.
Frankly, to to tell the truth, I was never really able to keep the Skyreat ND16 filter on the Mini 2. It kept falling off no matter how hard I tried to attach it to the gimbal. Luckily I never lost it, but DJI didn't make it easy to attach any sort of filter to that gimbal/lens. Finally, for other reasons I sold off the Mini 2. The crappy filter fit was one of the reasons.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007