DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TFR for the Super Bowl

I am a member of the watch Non sports crowd too. When I think of the 35 years of studying and education and exams, and stress and sacrifice on my body to become a physician, I cannot tolerate that a bunch of guys running up and down a field or a court earning millions deserves it. Yes, they are are talented, but I actually have more respect for people with brains than muscles. Sports is all about the big money for the players, the networks and the advertisers. I will not contribute to that scheme by turning those games on or attending one.
It's purely driven by market forces - i.e. what people want to watch which is what generates the revenue to pay the participants. Your chosen profession, as with mine, is not a spectacle that draws large crowds. There is no point being upset by that, and I think that any achievement, physical or mental, deserves respect.

Reactions: Wade L.
Read more about TFR's.... Commercial and Authorized Aircraft will be allowed into/through the TFR just like almost any other time. You can bet your bottom dollar they aren't going to disrupt Commercial Air Travel especially on such a busy day.

Now John Q. Public tooling around in his Cessna 172 for a Sunday evening joy ride is going to get some harsh words and if ignored some unfriendly "winged" visitors if they violate the TFR without approval.

Ok folks... this is not anything new.... we've have 30NM TFR's for the Super Bowl and VIP events every year since 9-1-1 happened. Let's think BIG PICTURE here and outside of our own personal sand-box. This is Standard Operating Procedures for a Super Bowl.
Interesting . I thought the TFR was made because someone flew and crashed a drone on White House property. When i first started flying drones I hadn't heard of a TFR. I still don't see how a drone even if weaponized could hurt the intended event or target if it was half a mile away or more. I can understand planes as someone said it gives the government or FAA time to contact the plane and divert them out of the TFR.

Interesting . I thought the TFR was made because someone flew and crashed a drone on White House property. When i first started flying drones I hadn't heard of a TFR. I still don't see how a drone even if weaponized could hurt the intended event or target if it was half a mile away or more. I can understand planes as someone said it gives the government or FAA time to contact the plane and divert them out of the TFR.
It doesn't require much imagination. You can program a flight in advance so that it is completely autonomous. Even an unweaponized drone has the potential to disrupt an event. Add the capability for a payload and you could cause serious problems. Even a 1 lb payload could be dangerous, but even in the sUAS class of drones, one of the drones I fly will carry 20 lbs.

Reactions: BigAl07
Everyone needs to remember this is not just a TFR for drones but for all flying aircraft. Even a fixed wing remotely controlled model airplane could carry a fairly heavy payload while traveling in excess of 100mph. There is no way to ID if the small AC is a benign drone or other small more potentially dangerous AC so everyone gets restricted.

I saw on the live planespotting stream from Airline Videos on Youtube, a military flyover at the stadium with multiple aircraft. it wasn't real close up from the LAX but looked really cool. hopefully someone has some better up close footage of it. So maybe that's why they have the TFR there or that large of one because of the flyovers. I never knew they did flyovers over the super bowl.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser