Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Thailand / Riding on clouds over Samui island - Part 2

DroneZone Samui

Reactions
Site
www.flying-arrow.net
It has gotten a little cooler...
...and it`s time for the next high flight into the clouds :)

- Shot with Dji Air 2s
- Edited with "Adobe Premiere Pro"
- Soundtrack sampled with "Magix Music Maker"

Watch this video on a big 4K screen with a good sound system. Turn up the volume and enjoy :cool:

All footage is available in 5.4K or 4K, graded or raw.
Commercial and private use must be licensed by DroneZone. Inquiries please to: [email protected]

Thanks for watching and have a nice day !
If you like this video, please share it with your friends and subscribe to my channel💚

It has gotten a little cooler...
...and it`s time for the next high flight into the clouds :)

- Shot with Dji Air 2s
- Edited with "Adobe Premiere Pro"
- Soundtrack sampled with "Magix Music Maker"

Watch this video on a big 4K screen with a good sound system. Turn up the volume and enjoy :cool:

All footage is available in 5.4K or 4K, graded or raw.
Commercial and private use must be licensed by DroneZone. Inquiries please to: [email protected]

Thanks for watching and have a nice day !
If you like this video, please share it with your friends and subscribe to my channel💚

Beautiful area and beautiful flight, but don't you guy's have airplanes that fly in that area through the clouds?

Oh my! Straining a leash. But I have to wait till November, can't live or fly in the rain. So Patong for three months, but this time I will not rent a bike but a car so I can travel all over but I will have to book a flight to Samui now that I know how beautiful it is. Thank you so much.

Reactions: DroneZone Samui
We use "Flightradar24" to see who is still in the air, and of course "Airsense" is also switched on. :cool:
Do you really believe the Flightradar24 and similar apps and Airsense show you ALL the air traffic? If so, you're dangerously wrong. They show you some of the traffic, but nowhere near all.

Do a little reading on ADS-B and understand what you're betting on before you fly again. You're living with a false sense of safety and comfort.

Do you really believe the Flightradar24 and similar apps and Airsense show you ALL the air traffic? If so, you're dangerously wrong. They show you some of the traffic, but nowhere near all.

Do a little reading on ADS-B and understand what you're betting on before you fly again. You're living with a false sense of safety and comfort.
Thanks for the info, but it's not really what you're describing...

With "Flightradar24" and an active "Airsense", about 99% of all "possible encounters" can be ruled out...
There are also neither "ultralights" nor "paramotors" here on the island. Only government or military aircraft that could fly undetected pose a residual risk (...)
But such flights are extremely rare and should I actually damage one with my "plastic drone"... i will of course pay for the repairs ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, but it's not really what you're describing...

With "Flightradar24" and an active "Airsense", about 99% of all "possible encounters" can be ruled out...
There are also neither "ultralights" nor "paramotors" here on the island. Only government or military aircraft that could fly undetected pose a residual risk (...)
But such flights are extremely rare and should I actually damage one with my "plastic drone"... i will of course pay for the repairs ;)

I have to say that's a rather naive understanding of the situation and the concerns.

Thailand's regulations for drone operations limit altitude to 90 meters and prohibit operation within 9 km of airports. Your video documents that you're flaunting both limits.

The risk of a collision with a manned aircraft may be low in this case, but that's not the situation everywhere. Kids, don't try this at home.

Thailand's regulations for drone operations limit altitude to 90 meters and prohibit operation within 9 km of airports
Yes....it`s actually written that way...
A "fire extinguisher" must also be ready... and an "emergency plan" (...)
(Amazing what kind of people come up with such regulations...)

Believe me... it's a different world here...
and sure we have some laws and regulations too; useful or not.

A sample:
If you cross the street at a red light where you live... you will definitely get killed...
On Samui island is much less traffic and you can cross the street at your own assessment, even with a red light... without risk :cool:

Last edited:
Yes....it`s actually written that way...
A "fire extinguisher" must also be ready... and an "emergency plan" (...)
(Amazing what kind of people come up with such regulations...)

Believe me... it's a different world here...
and sure we have some laws and regulations too; useful or not.

A sample:
If you cross the street at a red light where you live... you will definitely get killed...
On Samui island is much less traffic and you can cross the street at your own assessment, even with a red light... without risk :cool:

No.
  • Crossing streets here is not 100% fatal. But as in Thailand, pedestrians are responsible for their own safety.
  • The fire extinguisher requirement you cite as being inappropriate applies only to drones that weigh more than 2 kg, not the drones you are flying. See Article 6 and Article 9 of the regulations from the Ministry of Transport and the CAAT.
  • Yes, article 5 states that the pilot must have an emergency plan in case of a loss of control of the aircraft. That's just common sense, like looking both ways before you cross a street. Here, as in Thailand, the pilot in command is responsible for the safety of the flight operation.

Reactions: DroneZone Samui
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000