DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thank god for no Posted Mavic Mini fly aways.....

silverdragon

Reactions
I really hope theres not a rash of fly aways with the Mavic Mini... To me it does not seem to be an issue with this grade of a flying camera. As I should of stated like your basic kind of fly away...the drone just took mind of it's own and flew away...

well until it is actually in our hands we will have to wait and see lets hope it performs as advertised, and any so called fly aways are only down to pilot error which is usually the case, there might be some blow aways if flown in windy conditions because of its light weight

The fact that it's 249 grams and has a 2.5 mile WIFI range ensures there will be some flyaways. I think silverdragon is saying 'lets get a separate section set up for it' . . .

well until it is actually in our hands we will have to wait and see lets hope it performs as advertised, and any so called fly aways are only down to pilot error which is usually the case, there might be some blow aways if flown in windy conditions because of its light weight
That's why I stated it was one of those I didnt do anything wrong "it just did it's own thing and flew away" I know many fly aways are pilot error to the hilt but I'm talking about the unit just plain screwing up with some kind of defect that makes the drone get up and go bye-bye...all on its own...

It seems that a bunch of people got them already... who are these people that have this privilege.?

It seems that a bunch of people got them already... who are these people that have this privilege.?
these are people who post videos on YT all the time and they get sent a drone to review by DJI before release, so that they can have something to show on the official release day, they are also beta testers in a way and work closely with DJI, unfortunately this means that sometimes their reviews can be a little biased, not pointing any fingers there but most of them tend to paint a rosy picture of the product and some of the stuff they say has to be taken with a pinch of salt these are just my views and if anyone is offended by them i apologize ahead of time

i have seen his crash tests before and he does his best to destroy the drone, watching that i think it did pretty good, and for the small cost of £35 in the UK i purchased care refresh along with my flymore combo, but i still stand by my comments in post #7

these are people who post videos on YT all the time and they get sent a drone to review by DJI before release, so that they can have something to show on the official release day, they are also beta testers in a way and work closely with DJI, unfortunately this means that sometimes their reviews can be a little biased, not pointing any fingers there but most of them tend to paint a rosy picture of the product and some of the stuff they say has to be taken with a pinch of salt these are just my views and if anyone is offended by them i apologize ahead of time
No need to apologize and since no names or YT channels are mentioned. It's your honest and opened opinion and no lies intended. Thanks for clearing up that question for me....old man, your a good man ...

I really hope theres not a rash of fly aways with the Mavic Mini... To me it does not seem to be an issue with this grade of a flying camera. As I should of stated like your basic kind of fly away...the drone just took mind of it's own and flew away...
Hard to tell. I usually prefer to wait and see if there are any bugs in the system. But I never have had a fly away with my Tello and had it w/i a month of their availability. I understand it's apples and oranges as the Mini is less of a toy but I'm sure there will be a rash of people giving the Mini to their kids as a gift and a percentage will hurry through the instructions to get er in the air ASAP. I'd bet there will be losses caused more by the owners than the operating system but being the Mini hasn't been released to the public we'll just have to wait to see. With limited OA, we'll see if simplicity (such as no follow me feature) compensates lack of avoidance capability. I kinda felt my Mavic Pro was a bit more complicated to operate than I liked when I first bought it. I don't really know what recovery features the Mini will have but would think it at least has a RTH feature where you can set the desired return home height. Guess I need to check up on some Youtube videos.

As I should of stated like your basic kind of fly away...the drone just took mind of it's own and flew away...
That's why I stated it was one of those I didnt do anything wrong "it just did it's own thing and flew away" I know many fly aways are pilot error to the hilt but I'm talking about the unit just plain screwing up with some kind of defect that makes the drone get up and go bye-bye...all on its own...
It's the continued use of this inaccurate term that makes flyers believe their drone might just take mind of it's own and fly away.
What you call a flyaway is just a lost drone where the flyer does not understand the cause of the incident.
Drones don't do their own thing and just fly away.

Your correct, that's the reason why I used that terminology because many flyers can relate to that term. You always hear. " I dont know what happened it just flew away on its own, I was not even touching the sticks" " It was flying perfectly and when I let the sticks go it just took off like it had a mind of its own" capesh...

It's the continued use of this inaccurate term that makes flyers believe their drone might just take mind of it's own and fly away.
What you call a flyaway is just a lost drone where the flyer does not understand the cause of the incident.
Drones don't do their own thing and just fly away.
i agree that the term flyaway is a generic title that is used to describe an unexplained event and that there is always some underlying problem that caused it to happen ,and it is easy to blame the drone and associated components for such an event,
we all know that 99% of these events are down to pilot error,its the same as with road accidents, its human nature to blame someone or something else, the term for an accident is an unplanned event , i can understand your position on this subject because even after you tell some people what really happened to their drone,they still insist they did nothing wrong and it was all the drones fault, i hope that you will continue to be of help on the forum and i thank you for all the things you do for forum members

Last edited:
Reactions: Gindra
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123