DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The “Aha” moment. I got it!

Color blindness must seem strange to those with normal color vision. I can see red and green and easily distinguish them in most situations, like, say, traffic lights. Where I have trouble is where the color signal is weak and/or mixed. If you hand me an Indian Paintbrush (photo below) I'll see it's red, but I'll never spot it at a distance surrounded by grasses. Those with a more severe deficiency can have trouble even with traffic lights.
il_570xN.702403176_4owm.jpg
The colored dots test pads (that supposedly have numbers and letters in them) kill me. NO # or a-z that I can see. I found that if I turned the page at just at the right angle I could barely read it. Enough to pass the test. I still had to do the one-mile lights test at night for my licenses. R/G/W...Red, ok but fades rapidly with distance, green-white, also tough to tell apart at distance. I can’t see anything red in the sky, or read the red writing on the screen in a movie theater. Hope I’m alive to see the day that they can fix CB but just fine if not. Hereditary, got it from my favorite grandpa. And I used to laugh at him for his color blindness I didn’t know I had it too.
An early “Aha” moment. About 12 yr old. Grandpa came home with his new brown Buick. I was in admiring his beautiful brown car when the ladies arrived and said what an ugly Green car he had purchased. That’s when I knew.
I know what y’all see though cuz I can dream in 4K color. ??

• Haha
Reactions: Prismatic
The colored dots test pads (that supposedly have numbers and letters in them) kill me. NO # or a-z that I can see. I found that if I turned the page at just at the right angle I could barely read it. Enough to pass the test. I still had to do the one-mile lights test at night for my licenses. R/G/W...Red, ok but fades rapidly with distance, green-white, also tough to tell apart at distance. I can’t see anything red in the sky, or read the red writing on the screen in a movie theater. Hope I’m alive to see the day that they can fix CB but just fine if not. Hereditary, got it from my favorite grandpa. And I used to laugh at him for his color blindness I didn’t know I had it too.
An early “Aha” moment. About 12 yr old. Grandpa came home with his new brown Buick. I was in admiring his beautiful brown car when the ladies arrived and said what an ugly Green car he had purchased. That’s when I knew.
I know what y’all see though cuz I can dream in 4K color. ??
Color and beauty both are in the eye of the beholder. For you and Grandpa, that Buick was a beautiful brown, no question, the ladies' opinion notwithstanding!

• Haha
Reactions: Capt KO
Sadly, now I am the one taking the kidding. From the grandkids and great grandkids. All in good fun? Wanted to add color to my mini but it all looks the same. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez