DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The attitude indicator will be added to the FLY APP

could we have option to show heading in degrees during flight too, please? and longitude, latitude position would be very useful too as well

Reactions: MathAddict
I have loaded the latest version of the fly app, IOS. I keep pushing the lower right corner of the
map icon but the attitude indicater doesn’t come up. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

I have loaded the latest version of the fly app, IOS. I keep pushing the lower right corner of the
map icon but the attitude indicater doesn’t come up. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.
Finally figured it out. When I touch near the lower right hand corner, the attitude icon comes up.

Reactions: Thomas B
I'm sure it will all make sense after flying it a few times. You learn which way it moves in response to stick inputs and adjust accordingly.

It's kinda like back when I was first taking flying lessons toward my Private Pilot Licence. All the stick inputs made sense, but to me the rudder pedals always felt backward.

You want to push the nose down, you push the stick forward. Pull the nose up, pull the stick back. Push/pull, yup, that all makes sense.

You want to roll to the right, i.e. push the right wing down, you push the stick to the right. To push the left wing down, you push the stick to the left. Push the stick in the direction you want it to go. Makes perfect sense.

But yaw? I'm picturing it like twisting the top of the control stick. To push the nose around to the right, I'd like to twist the stick clockwise to the right. Or yaw to the left, twist the stick counter-clockwise to the left. That would make sense to me, pushing the nose in the direction I want it to go. But you use the rudder pedals to do that. So, to rotate the nose around to the right, I'd want to push the left pedal forward and bring the right pedal back. But it's actually the other way around. D'oh!

It does make obvious sense when you think about how the rudder linkages work. It doesn't take long to figure that out in flight, but I never found it instinctive.
View attachment 119885
That is the way the nose wheel works on ultralights... very confusing to a pilot who flys normal planes when taxing. Seems intuitive that when you wish to yaw or turn right, you step on the right rudder.
M

Seems intuitive that when you wish to yaw or turn right, you step on the right rudder.
Once I'd done it often enough it made sense and became a normal reaction. But at first I always pictured pushing the right pedal as pushing the nose to the left. I was surprised when it didn't.

Guys, as an aside, what is the difference between FLY APP 1.2.2 and the DJI GO 4 (Android) I use? Thx

Looks like Fly v1.2.2 is available on the DJI downloads page now. Should be coming out via Play store soon too.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kzenoxx