DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

THE BEST Mavic CASE - Bar None!

Aerial Gopher

Reactions
Was tired of looking for a case that would work for what I wanted. I found that most only allowed limited items in it. Like you could have one charger but not the other ( House or Car charger ) in the case, and limited space for other items. Any case that I thought might work was CRAZY expensive...

So what does one do when tired of looking and have a sharp knife? - Build your own!

Went to a local hardware store, bought this waterproof case, similar to pelican cases with seal and air release, and brought it home. Played around with placing items on the foam to find the best fit and use for all the items. ( Hours of doing this ) Then pull out the knife and start cutting.

This case was the pluck foam style, but it had two layers, one was pluck foam, the other was not. I put the pluck foam on the bottom, and the solid one on top. Used a marker and outlined the items, then cut them all, then cut the pluck foam on the bottom layer to get the items in deep enough.

So how do you get ALL of these items in the 15 inch x 10.5 inch Inside dimensions?

Items In Case:
Mavic Pro Drone
Mavic Pro Controller
4x Mavic Batteries
2x Large Laptop Battery Banks - To charge Mavic Battery 7 Times
1x USB Powerbank – To charge remote control
Mavic House Charger
Mavic Car Charger
5v USB Charger to charge Laptop Battery Bank - Slow Or can use any laptop charger to charge in 4 hrs
12v Cigarette Lighter cable to charge Laptop Battery Bank
Mavic Charging Hub
Mavic Feet Extenders
Range boosting antenna
Micro Fiber cloth
Spare blades - hidden under the drone
Micro SD to SD Adaptor
USB C right angle to USB
Micro USB Cable x2
Mavic Controller Cables for lightning, micro usb etc.

20171016_191921.jpg 20171016_192336.jpg 20171016_192346.jpg 20171016_192008.jpg 20171016_192540.jpg 20171016_192552.jpg

SMASH that Like Button if you Like this set up!

Keeps EVERYTHING with you at al times and some extras. Protected, easy to grab and go to a professional shoot, camping, hiking, or just out as a hobbyist.
Weights 16lbs :)

I could of put a slot between the drone and the charging hub for a phone, but I keep mine in my pocket all the time anyways

The two large silver battery banks are actually laptop battery banks that I use together to charge the mavic batteries when out in the field, or hiking trail (Use backpack for hiking) The battery banks can charge 7 mavic batteries so I get a total of 11 battery cycles with this set up. I do however have an additional 2 laptop battery banks of the same kind and get 7 more on that pair ( 18 Mavic battery Cycles ) Yup... ALL day flying LITERALLY.

One hiccup, is that it takes about 1 hr to cool and charge a mavic battery, and 25-30 minutes to discharge it. If I get another OEM mavic car charger I can charge two at the same time, but I rarely need 100% continuous flight time.

Next I will remove the pluck foam and get a piece of solid foam for the bottom half, then hot glue them together and to the sides of the case so they don't get pulled out.

Last edited:
Wow thats some serious equipment and power. Awesome setup though.

I also used a pluck foam type case for my Mavic (much smaller version) and I found that if after you have finished plucking everything out, hit it with a couple of coats of Plasti-Dip spray and it keeps all the foam together nicely.
18222555_10154644881396608_2595600299906248233_n.jpg

Reactions: MAVEYE and Youser
That's a pretty well-made custom case for your own needs. I'm a little amazed that you can put so many items in such a compact size. Btw, what's the depth of the case?

MC cases out of Germany make some high quality stuff also. I've tested out 11 cases now, and this one is still my favorite:

The more likes per views a video gets helps it to rank up. It's part of the algorithm that helps YouTube decide which videos are most popular, and therefore be higher on search results list.

The more likes per views a video gets helps it to rank up. It's part of the algorithm that helps YouTube decide which videos are most popular, and therefore be higher on search results list.

I understand it for YouTube but the first post has no video, it's just a forum post.

I've tried a few - including a genuine pelican case - and my favorite, and the one I keep returning to, is the soft shoulder case it came with :)
But then I hadn't thought of bringing a laptop batteries to recharge the mavic- good idea.

Slightly off-topic - do you find those "Range Extenders" you pack do anything for you - I bought two slightly different ones, but was surprised to see no real difference (unlike the Phantoms where it made a Huge difference)

Funny! I picked up that case a week ago, Thanks for the help on the layout.

Which laptop battery banks do you use?
How do you connect them to the mavic battery? Please elaborate!

They sell these cases at Sam's Club now for $35.00. I got lucky when they came out about 6-8 months ago and they were $20. I bought 6 of them (before I owned a mavic). The Mavic now occupies the third one I have put in service and it works great.

I have the mavic, 3 batteries, the controller, and one of these...

5in1_Mavic_Multi-Charger.png

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
Was tired of looking for a case that would work for what I wanted. I found that most only allowed limited items in it. Like you could have one charger but not the other ( House or Car charger ) in the case, and limited space for other items. Any case that I thought might work was CRAZY expensive...

So what does one do when tired of looking and have a sharp knife? - Build your own!

Went to a local hardware store, bought this waterproof case, similar to pelican cases with seal and air release, and brought it home. Played around with placing items on the foam to find the best fit and use for all the items. ( Hours of doing this ) Then pull out the knife and start cutting.

This case was the pluck foam style, but it had two layers, one was pluck foam, the other was not. I put the pluck foam on the bottom, and the solid one on top. Used a marker and outlined the items, then cut them all, then cut the pluck foam on the bottom layer to get the items in deep enough.

So how do you get ALL of these items in the 15 inch x 10.5 inch Inside dimensions?

Items In Case:
Mavic Pro Drone
Mavic Pro Controller
4x Mavic Batteries
2x Large Laptop Battery Banks - To charge Mavic Battery 7 Times
1x USB Powerbank – To charge remote control
Mavic House Charger
Mavic Car Charger
5v USB Charger to charge Laptop Battery Bank - Slow Or can use any laptop charger to charge in 4 hrs
12v Cigarette Lighter cable to charge Laptop Battery Bank
Mavic Charging Hub
Mavic Feet Extenders
Range boosting antenna
Micro Fiber cloth
Spare blades - hidden under the drone
Micro SD to SD Adaptor
USB C right angle to USB
Micro USB Cable x2
Mavic Controller Cables for lightning, micro usb etc.

View attachment 23351 View attachment 23352 View attachment 23353 View attachment 23354 View attachment 23355 View attachment 23356

SMASH that Like Button if you Like this set up!

Keeps EVERYTHING with you at al times and some extras. Protected, easy to grab and go to a professional shoot, camping, hiking, or just out as a hobbyist.
Weights 16lbs :)

I could of put a slot between the drone and the charging hub for a phone, but I keep mine in my pocket all the time anyways

The two large silver battery banks are actually laptop battery banks that I use together to charge the mavic batteries when out in the field, or hiking trail (Use backpack for hiking) The battery banks can charge 7 mavic batteries so I get a total of 11 battery cycles with this set up. I do however have an additional 2 laptop battery banks of the same kind and get 7 more on that pair ( 18 Mavic battery Cycles ) Yup... ALL day flying LITERALLY.

One hiccup, is that it takes about 1 hr to cool and charge a mavic battery, and 25-30 minutes to discharge it. If I get another OEM mavic car charger I can charge two at the same time, but I rarely need 100% continuous flight time.

Next I will remove the pluck foam and get a piece of solid foam for the bottom half, then hot glue them together and to the sides of the case so they don't get pulled out.

what are the 2 silver battery banks? what brand and how do you connect them!!

Dunno about the best case, but this is my Caselogic, it's certainly the most compact and fits everything I need for an hours flying, plus more, including 4x spare props set, cables, cards, lens cloths, 2x extra batteries, controller etc... just brilliant compact kit for remote work and well protected.

IMG_0914.JPG

IMG_0916.JPG

IMG_0917.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929