DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s The Bethlehem Steel Stacks

This is Great! It's amazing how a rusted old pile of metal can be so colorful and captivating on film. You did a great job capturing it. The top down shots were great, and the shot following the train was superbly smooth. Nicely done! You got a new subscriber with this one!

Reactions: dronertv
Sad. Billy Joel's great old song "Allentown" was really about Bethlehem...
Sad indeed. Allentown and Bethlehem are connected and part of the Lehigh Valley region. He was basically singing about the whole area as he often played there in his early days. Bethlehem is in the third line of the song.

Brilliant work and so well put together. Did you have any issues with controls etc considering how close you were to great lumps of metal? I think I might have chickened out of flying there for fear of magnetic fields etc interfering with controls.

Awesome!! What a great place to fly. Great flying and editing, as usual. Kudos for braving the cold and early hour.

I imagine those structures being an FPV and drone graveyard :). So many places where things could go wrong if you weren't being careful.

The now-defunct Bethlehem Steel was once the 2nd largest producer of steel in the world. It forged the steel for the Golden Gate, the Chrysler Building, and more than a thousand ships in World War II.
Nice video but terrible music
I had to mute it

Terrific video. Beautifully flying. Dale, I disagree, the music was OK but could have been better, maybe more dramatic.

Brilliant work and so well put together. Did you have any issues with controls etc considering how close you were to great lumps of metal? I think I might have chickened out of flying there for fear of magnetic fields etc interfering with controls.
No problem. The drone is always further away than it looks. We had a few of us flying and when we are in groups I always struggle more with the interference from other drones and controllers.

Reactions: twickers14
Great Video!! Too bad these old places are just 'reminders' of years passed. But...good they are there to capture on camera!

Awesome!! What a great place to fly. Great flying and editing, as usual. Kudos for braving the cold and early hour.

I imagine those structures being an FPV and drone graveyard :). So many places where things could go wrong if you weren't being careful.
Yes, it was super cold. My fingers were frozen. I would love to see some FPV footage there. I’m not brave or skilled enough for that yet.

Reactions: maggior

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez