DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The death of a Mavic 2 Pro_Part 2

Lee Peachey Productions

Reactions
For those of you who would like to watch a video of my Mavic 2 Pro crash site, go to my YouTube Channel: Lee Peachey Productions. Look in the sub channel: Lee Peachey. My friend flew the crash site with his Mavic just for the memories. It is a pretty awesome water fall. I am going to try to fly the site again under better conditions.

For those of you who would like to watch a video of my Mavic 2 Pro crash site, go to my YouTube Channel: Lee Peachey Productions. Look in the sub channel: Lee Peachey. My friend flew the crash site with his Mavic just for the memories. It is a pretty awesome water fall. I am going to try to fly the site again under better conditions.
If u post-it here we can watch it and u still get your views

He started a new thread but am deleting that and here is the link he had .Lee Peachey

Could this be the exception that proves the rule?
Winds aloft lower than at the surface?
Sorry for the loss of your Mavic!

It is a pretty awesome water fall. I am going to try to fly the site again under better conditions.
There is usually a spray mist emanating from a waterfall. Perhaps your Mavic sensors were fogged over or mist got into the electronics and took it down.

Could this be the exception that proves the rule?
Winds aloft lower than at the surface?
Sorry for the loss of your Mavic!
There is usually a spray mist emanating from a waterfall. Perhaps your Mavic sensors were fogged over or mist got into the electronics and took it down.
Yes, there was some lite mist in the air, and the controller was not warning me of any possible crash. The sensors may have fogged up, but a sudden blast of wind is what put me into the rocks. I witnessed a sudden uncontrollable move just a split second before the crash. Yes, I was pushing the envelope by being in a tight spot, but some of the best footage is taken where not man has ventured before.

Reactions: Gindra
Sorry for the loss of your M2P. One big advantage of the M2Z is the ability to stay back and zoom in..... Granted, the zoom does not have the specs of the pro, but I switched out my pro camera for the zoom in order to get the "stand back and film up close".

Sorry for the loss of your M2P. One big advantage of the M2Z is the ability to stay back and zoom in..... Granted, the zoom does not have the specs of the pro, but I switched out my pro camera for the zoom in order to get the "stand back and film up close".
Now I am thinking about the MZ as a handy tool to get into those scary places with less damages and still get the nose to nose view I am usually looking for.

Sorry for your loss. Does that water flow like that all the time or is there ever a time of year when the flow it GREATLY decreased?? If so, there MAY be a possibility to retrieve your Mavic. I can't see how deep those pools are but with a low flow, you mat be able to see your Mavic in that clear water. Fresh water is much less damaging to electronics than salt water so you may be able to salvage a lot of your drone.
Just a thought.
?

Sorry for your loss. Does that water flow like that all the time or is there ever a time of year when the flow it GREATLY decreased?? If so, there MAY be a possibility to retrieve your Mavic. I can't see how deep those pools are but with a low flow, you mat be able to see your Mavic in that clear water. Fresh water is much less damaging to electronics than salt water so you may be able to salvage a lot of your drone.
Just a thought.
?
Yes, the flow over the falls does decrease significantly during the summer. I plan on revisiting the site soon, (as soon as my new M2P arrives).Chances of recovery are slim because the turbulent water probably ground the craft into small pieces. Maybe there is there a chance it washed down stream and over the second waterfall which is about 40 feet tall. Not a good feeling, but I am going to look anyway. If I could recover the SD card, it would be worth the hunt. SD cards might not hold up submerged in real cold snow water for very long. What are your thoughts on SD card survival soaked in water for awhile?

Reactions: BerndM
I have seen video report of metal detecting "Treasure Hunters searching beach areas finding non waterproof digital cameras which may have been submerged for quite some time in FRESH water and the sd card was still functional after a good drying out. So don't give up hope. Also your motors might also be ok after a good cleaning.

I have seen video report of metal detecting "Treasure Hunters searching beach areas finding non waterproof digital cameras which may have been submerged for quite some time in FRESH water and the sd card was still functional after a good drying out. So don't give up hope. Also your motors might also be ok after a good cleaning.
I am planning a trip back to the crash site soon. I would really be excited to recover the SD card, as I know I was getting some real good footage before the crash. I will share with this Forum if that should happen.

Reactions: BerndM
Got my MP2Z for the same reason. :cool:

Reactions: bonmot
Got my MP2Z for the same reason. :cool:
It is a really awesome view flying forward, (In the same direction of the current flow) over the top of a tall waterfall with the gimbal pointed straight down as you break over the top edge. One hazard which I discovered, was the wind shear that can take your craft down in a second as you break out over the edge of the falls.
On an other note, the M2P does have a digital zoom to about 40mm that will help get a closer view. Not everyone has discovered that unadvertised feature.

Reactions: drakkor
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78