DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The difference between Normal Mode and HD Mode in Image Transmission Settings and Transmission Quality?

silverdragon

Reactions
I have the ZOOM and I need to be educated.

What's the difference between HD Mode and Normal Mode?
What is Transmission Quality?

I have the ZOOM and I need to be educated.

What's the difference between HD Mode and Normal Mode?
What is Transmission Quality?
HD is probably 1080 and Normal is probably 720. the potential advantage or normal is you're using less bandwidth between the RC and the Drone for display the image, which could possibly give you more range or less potential for signal loss.

Reactions: lannes
I could be wrong, but I think both questions relate to OcySync transmission between remote and aircraft, not the video quality recorded to SD card.

Silverdragon, tell us where you're seeing those terms (marketing material, owners manual, or a pointer to the info), so we can pin point what you're asking about.

Chris

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I could be wrong, but I think both questions relate to OcySync transmission between remote and aircraft, not the video quality recorded to SD card.

Silverdragon, tell us where you're seeing those terms (marketing material, owners manual, or a pointer to the info), so we can pin point what you're asking about.

Chris
Its in the general settings in the go4 app. Click on the 3 dots top right corner then on the left click on HD, scroll down to Image Transmission Settings.

Its in the general settings in the go4 app. Click on the 3 dots top right corner then on the left click on HD, scroll down to Image Transmission Settings.
Yeah, those are image transmission settings between the remote and the aircraft. They don't affect your recorded video quality, The Normal vs. HD vs. Smooth settings are described on this page:

PS: That DJI Go 4 guide is really handy, because most of the stuff is not in the aircraft owners manual that came in the box.

Chris

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
In order to use the Alien Dual Booster we had to use the Normal mode or Smooth mode on the Smart controller in order to get it to work as they HD could not maintain a signal further than 150 ft.

So depending on what Controller your using and any assets it makes a big difference .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain / Snow

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN