DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The different between mavic pro & mavic 2 pro & mavic 2 zoom

Ok guys let’s not get started before we even see just what
we are going to see tomorrow.

The point I’m trying to make genius is they really don’t need three versions of the MP.
Kind of like the car industry only needs one kind of mustang, or charger?
Or maybe Boeing only needs one version of 777?
I see where you are coming from. Too many choices is HARD. I actually sweat in a paint store, so many options. :D

Reactions: norcal fpv
Just finished watching the presentation, and I believe I would choose the 2 Pro since I want the best in image/video quality but don't need the zoom capability.

Threw my money at the zoom hard as i cld and the fly more kit! Im so pumped and this is my first drone. Sooooooo glad i waited

Reactions: ftttu
I’ve ordered a pro and flymore

Am I right in hoping the abilty to adjust the f stops on pro means ND filters will be not needed in most situations ?

Im not sure im a noob, i wanted both the pro and zoom. Almost ordered the pro but the zoom just kept pulling me in lol
I’ve ordered a pro and flymore

Am I right in hoping the abilty to adjust the f stops on pro means ND filters will be not needed in most situations ?

Im not sure im a noob, i wanted both the pro and zoom. Almost ordered the pro but the zoom just kept pulling me in lol

i couldnt justify the zoom. it only has a 12 mp camera. the pro 2 has a 20mp camera. in comparison the Spark has a 12mp cam.

I was torn bc of that but the zoom it is and i have to live with it now lol sure someone will want the one they didnt order and may be easy to trade one for the other
i couldnt justify the zoom. it only has a 12 mp camera. the pro 2 has a 20mp camera. in comparison the Spark has a 12mp cam.

I’ve seen 12MP cameras put 20MP cameras to shame. In this case the 1” sensor in the Pro is the big difference maker.

Reactions: W2EJ
I’ve seen 12MP cameras put 20MP cameras to shame. In this case the 1” sensor in the Pro is the big difference maker.

The Pro definitely has 10 bit data from the sensor. They haven't said what the zoom has...

The Pro definitely has 10 bit data from the sensor. They haven't said what the zoom has...

I watched a YouTube video with both in hand - 8bit for the Zoom, 10bit for the Pro.

I personally wouldn’t go near the zoom. The Pro’s image quality will be significantly better, especially at dusk. Larger sensor, and adjustable aperture.

Yeah youtube is backing that up.

Zoom has the smaller sensor, 8 bit only video etc. It doesn't sound like much of a camera upgrade at all.

I can see the zoom selling to hobbyists who find the Air and Pro adequate (or dont know any better) but the Pro will outsell the zoom easily. That IS a huge upgrade in spec.

Yeah youtube is backing that up.

Zoom has the smaller sensor, 8 bit only video etc. It doesn't sound like much of a camera upgrade at all.

I can see the zoom selling to hobbyists who find the Air and Pro adequate (or dont know any better) but the Pro will outsell the zoom easily. That IS a huge upgrade in spec.

Yep. Massive. Sky shots will have less banding, too.

Also the batteries from the Pro 1 will not work or fit with the Mavic 2 series.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer