DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The different between mavic pro & mavic 2 pro & mavic 2 zoom

From what I've seen so far, I'm only disappointed in 3 things:

1. It's ridiculous to have to choose between the Pro and the Zoom
2. Left/Right Obstacle Avoidance only works in ActiveTrack and Tripod modes
3. The form factor is nearly identical to the original Mavic. I was really hoping for something smoother, sleeker, and more modern looking like the Air.

It sucked having to pick for sure!
From what I've seen so far, I'm only disappointed in 3 things:

2. Left/Right Obstacle Avoidance only works in ActiveTrack and Tripod modes
3. The form factor is nearly identical to the original Mavic. I was really hoping for something smoother, sleeker, and more modern looking like the Air.

Well if you manage to make a 24-48 equivalent optical zoom mechanism that fits in front of a 1 inch sensor on a gimbal small and light enough to fit onto the form factor of the mavic let DJI know - they'd be VERY interested.

Do people really, actually care what the drone actually looks like? Are people really that shallow?

From what they've said its the shape it is to reduce drag and slightly increase lift. For endurance reasons. I see my drone up close for 10 seconds on each flight then never look at it again. Its there to do a job. If i wanted something to look nice i'd have bought an RC porsche.

Well if you manage to make a 24-48 equivalent optical zoom mechanism that fits in front of a 1 inch sensor on a gimbal small and light enough to fit onto the form factor of the mavic let DJI know - they'd be VERY interested.

Do people really, actually care what the drone actually looks like? Are people really that shallow?

From what they've said its the shape it is to reduce drag and slightly increase lift. For endurance reasons. I see my drone up close for 10 seconds on each flight then never look at it again. Its there to do a job. If i wanted something to look nice i'd have bought an RC porsche.
Isn’t that what the skins are for? Hehe,,:D

Reactions: fleurdelisxliv
1. Trust me, they will figure it out
2. Yes, many people care about the looks of the drone. It's not shallow in the least. Cars are there to do a job as well -- namely to transport people from point A to point B, but nearly every owner cares quite a lot about how his car looks doing its job.

1534916216x-1566660876.jpg
Wow... Now that we will have in Portugal a law that requires drones above 900g to have insurance, Mavic 2 cames with 907/905...... 8g less on official information would make a huge difference for the users, at least in my country.

not sure if this has been talked about anywhere - so sorry if i'm plowing old ground, but ---

what is the attraction of the "zoom" if it's not optical? i'm reading 4x digital (lossy) zoom. what's the difference in doing it in post?

not trying to stir something up - i might be missing something.

The zoom has 2x optical

not sure if this has been talked about anywhere - so sorry if i'm plowing old ground, but ---

what is the attraction of the "zoom" if it's not optical? i'm reading 4x digital (lossy) zoom. what's the difference in doing it in post?

The

I really like the 2x dollly zoom and can already see it on a mavic air 2 zoom within 1 or 2 years.
Probably with a 4xzoom and 25 minutes flight.

We all know that tech like this leaps light years in advancement every 6 months and this is probably why this launch took so much to go live.

The path of the Mavic pro had paved the way to Mavic Air and both drones are getting pimped up with features that can be adapted on both.

I can even imagine a Mavic Air 2 with all these mavic pro 2 features, but built on a bigger body and although with a heavier payload, with a bigger battery and therefore wider range of flight time and distance as its lacking ocusink

Very Interesting thanks for posting.
While I can’t reach Chinese, it’s pretty easy to figure out what each section is based on the numbers.
The Mavic Pro 2 looks like it will have variable aperture (F2.8-F11) and the Zoom version will have two fixed apertures.
31 minute flight time up from 27, and it looks like a little more speed and range.
Hi, question, is the Mavic pro 2 having the same zoom facility than mavic zoom? is the variable aperture include de facto the zoom feature? thanks

Wow... Now that we will have in Portugal a law that requires drones above 900g to have insurance, Mavic 2 cames with 907/905...... 8g less on official information would make a huge difference for the users, at least in my country.
Easy to fix, DJI will just remove some plastic here and there, and then fix the weight displayed on their website and manuals etc

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito