DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The end of drones??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason38

Reactions
I wonder if the end of recreational use of drones is coming pretty soon....
Most and most regulations are voted, in more ans more contries, NFZ areas expands every day...
What will be the future for our hobby!? Will drone pilots soon be parked in delimited flying zones, that you'll need to drive your car for an hour to go to that zone, flying with dozens of other drones in the same place......??
Will the law restrictions becomes such restrictives to drone constructors that they will stop producing recreational drones (like the new european law that will forbid any drones making as noise as a bee...)?
You can read/see more and more stories about people doin ***** with their drones, and just make other people (most people in fact) thinking that it should be forbiden...

I'm quiet scared about that, loving shooting stunning pics or videos since years now, showing the world and nature from a different point of view, like we most often never seen yet...
So sad to see how the whole thing drifts away...

What you guys do think about the future of our passion?[emoji111]

I am surprised that any flying can happen over houses or in any town or city . There always seems to be some that have nothing to do but cry about everything . These loud cry babies and a few bad drone operators will not help recreational flying near buildings or people . I live in a very remote place so there is never any problem for me but I can see stormy times coming . I was trying to picture s small city of 250 000 with a 100 drones buzzing overhead sounding like killer bees on the war path .
Time will tell I guess

Reactions: FMR
Yes, I agree with you, Canuk, drones should NOT fly over habitations for obvious safety problem first, and for life privacy of neighborhood in a second time, and also for the noise that could occurs due to a lot of drones flying over there...
But , in the way of european law, it seems strange to me because if they make drones quieter , a lot of people will think that now , even if law forbid it, they can go over town or habitations without being heard, and so, get closer to the people as they dont know there ils a drone over their heads...

...and it will bring more and more mistrust about drones I guess...

I leave in a remote place to, and I didn't met any anger about my mavic (except one or two crazy people around here) , but all people that first see it flying (include some friends) are scared about drones, telling me that its noisy (not that much, a mavic with silent props is very discret) , it should be banned from over our heads ... But they change their mind when they look at pics and vids , saying that finaly, it worth it...

Only a good and law ibiding use of recreational drones may save us from disaster and more restrictive laws...

Reactions: FMR
I wonder if the end of recreational use of drones is coming pretty soon....
Most and most regulations are voted, in more ans more contries, NFZ areas expands every day...
What will be the future for our hobby!? Will drone pilots soon be parked in delimited flying zones, that you'll need to drive your car for an hour to go to that zone, flying with dozens of other drones in the same place......??
Will the law restrictions becomes such restrictives to drone constructors that they will stop producing recreational drones (like the new european law that will forbid any drones making as noise as a bee...)?
You can read/see more and more stories about people doin ***** with their drones, and just make other people (most people in fact) thinking that it should be forbiden...

I'm quiet scared about that, loving shooting stunning pics or videos since years now, showing the world and nature from a different point of view, like we most often never seen yet...
So sad to see how the whole thing drifts away...

What you guys do think about the future of our passion?[emoji111]
Not just in Europe, the US government is also trying to destroy section 336 that protect hobbyist. FAA Pushes for Repeal of Section 336 and More Authority Over Recreational Operators

Agreed, I wonder what she was hiding in her property to defend it with such ferocity :)
Aaahahah Make me laught!!! Thats awesome to read that...
She was scared that the drone afraid her cows...yes, a shot gun is know to be silent !!!
Crazy people...
No, really it makes me pessimist about future (not only talking about drones, life une general) and very sad....

Last edited:
This seem harsh but i think the misuse of drones camera had led to this situation.
I agree, but it's a shame that a few bad flights outweigh the millions of flights that bother no one and operate within the rules and regulations.

Reactions: Carly Swinson
I agree, but it's a shame that a few bad flights outweigh the millions of flights that bother no one and operate within the rules and regulations.
That's the same thing happening with gun owners... They want to make that guns are the enemy of the people just because a few use it for criminal activities. Yet, they don't see the millions of law abiding citizens who owns guns.

That's the same thing happening with gun owners... They want to make that guns are the enemy of the people just because a few use it for criminal activities. Yet, they don't see the millions of law abiding citizens who owns guns.
Oh trust me I know! I moved to Virginia from Massachusetts and the firearm laws are like night and day.

Drone laws will be the same. We will still have operators violating regulations and flying where they shouldn't. Hopefully less of it (what's already minimal).

The big difference is the ability to track down a drone owner who does something that is super risky and illegal. Tracking gun owners is not as easy. Did you know that there have been so many guns produced that each person on the earth (men , women, children) could be armed 8 times over and that number is climbing. Kind of a crazy statistic ! Since there are approx 327 million people (as of last census 2017) in the United States I am honestly shocked that there are not more gun related incidents reported on a daily basis.

"There are more guns than people in the United States, according to a new study of global firearm ownership. There are more than 393 million civilian-owned firearms in the United States, or enough for every man, woman and child to own one and still have 67 million guns left over"
Source:Analysis | There are more guns than people in the United States, according to a new study of global firearm ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
56cbr600rr