DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The end of drones??

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big difference is the ability to track down a drone owner who does something that is super risky and illegal. Tracking gun owners is not as easy. Did you know that there have been so many guns produced that each person on the earth (men , women, children) could be armed 8 times over and that number is climbing. Kind of a crazy statistic ! Since there are approx 327 million people (as of last census 2017) in the United States I am honestly shocked that there are not more gun related incidents reported on a daily basis.

"There are more guns than people in the United States, according to a new study of global firearm ownership. There are more than 393 million civilian-owned firearms in the United States, or enough for every man, woman and child to own one and still have 67 million guns left over"
Source:Analysis | There are more guns than people in the United States, according to a new study of global firearm ownership

Because the typical gun owner follows the rules and doesn't act carelessly with their firearms. In addition, firearms are protected by the constitution, unfortunately our founding fathers didn't foresee Drones, so we are at the mercy of the FAA. But again, if most drone operators would follow the rules there wouldn't be any need for over reaching legislation to regulate the hobby. Unfortunately there are many drone owners that do not follow the rules and don't treat them as if they were aircraft and can cause serious damage if used recklessly.

The big difference is the ability to track down a drone owner who does something that is super risky and illegal. Tracking gun owners is not as easy. Did you know that there have been so many guns produced that each person on the earth (men , women, children) could be armed 8 times over and that number is climbing. Kind of a crazy statistic ! Since there are approx 327 million people (as of last census 2017) in the United States I am honestly shocked that there are not more gun related incidents reported on a daily basis.

"There are more guns than people in the United States, according to a new study of global firearm ownership. There are more than 393 million civilian-owned firearms in the United States, or enough for every man, woman and child to own one and still have 67 million guns left over"
Source:Analysis | There are more guns than people in the United States, according to a new study of global firearm ownership

I agree, here in Australia we had an incident many years ago where 36 people lost their lives to a maniac armed with an assault rifle. The government changed the law, tightening gun ownership laws and (Coincidentally???) we've never has another mass shooting.

Reactions: 韦马可
I agree, here in Australia we had an incident many years ago where 36 people lost their lives to a maniac armed with an assault rifle. The government changed the law, tightening gun ownership laws and (Coincidentally???) we've never has another mass shooting.
I just love it when non-Americans who know nothing about our laws, government, culture and history chime in and comment negatively on one of our core basic rights specifically enshrined into our constitution.
FYI, the right of the people to keep and bear arms in the United States is a PERSONAL right. Unlike other countries, it cannot be taken arbitrarily away by the government.

Check it out, google makes it easy

I admit I got suckered into this post and added a hint of my own political views, but why hasn't a moderator shut this down, it is way off the topic of drones.

I admit I got suckered into this post and added a hint of my own political views, but why hasn't a moderator shut this down, it is way off the topic of drones.
I too am surprised that this wasn’t shut down the minute somebody said “gun”. I’m sure it will be very soon which is unfortunate. Laws and efforts to control firearms in this country are analogous with such efforts to control drones. If someone really is interested in protecting our ability to indulge in our drone hobby without government overreach then they could learn a lot from firearm owners and their experiences.

Reactions: Tony56
I too am surprised that this wasn’t shut down the minute somebody said “gun”. I’m sure it will be very soon which is unfortunate. Laws and efforts to control firearms in this country are analogous with such efforts to control drones. If someone really is interested in protecting our ability to indulge in our drone hobby without government overreach then they could learn a lot from firearm owners and their experiences.

No disrespect but perhaps that's why you have a mass shooting every week.

Regarding Americans owning firearms....to non firearm owning non Americans......
If I had to explain....
You wouldn't understand....
Not just firearms but drones as well.... in most countries the government can just “make a law” and restrict/dictate how people can use their personal property with no recourse. In other words, just shut up and deal with it!

Aaahahah Make me laught!!! Thats awesome to read that...
She was scared that the drone afraid her cows...yes, a shot gun is know to be silent !!!
Crazy people...
No, really it makes me pessimist about future (not only talking about drones, life une general) and very sad....

To be fair, cattle really don't like things flying overhead, especially noisy things. Only really takes one spooked bovine to tear a fence down, let alone a small herd of them. 20ga shotgun, especially one with a bird load, is not going to bother them much, particularly if they've heard it before.

25-30ft above her trees, is way, way too low to be flying over her paddocks...

Hmmm... I cant really agree with you guys...
You speak about fire weapons and try to compare it with drones... I dont think these two things can be compared:
Fire weapons are disigned and made for only ONE thing: kill somebody ...( maybe could we say "defend itself from other people, by killing , or deter someone to arms you")
Its far away from a drone, that is made to carry a camera in the sky, and is made and only made to do that...

I know that in the US, owning guns is a way to live since the begining of that country, that is like an ancestral tradition, and I dont have any right to criticize that fact. I also dont have enought skills to speak about that, but (tell me if I'm wrong) I guess that laws about fire weapons in the US have had to evolve..?
I mean, its surely not the same (as easy to get weapons, or kill somebody) as it was in the 1800's!?..., and it's still, as you said, a personal right to own some weapons, even if some crazy guys killed other innocent people along the history...

Back to drones... They are not weapons, they are not made to be some, and I dont think that any drone already killed somebody ?
BUT, I know that a misuse of a drone can easily injure or maybe kill somebody (I think especially of drones flying near airports, and can bring a plane down) , and also the fact that someone can "spy" other people with these flying cams...

Another point I would speak about, and that is important to me, about "drone spying" ... People speak a lot about that, and I just want to say that its not very justified, in the way that we are all spyied in any way, by governements, enterprises... But nobody cares about that only because they cant see how it's operated. Yes , you can see a drone in the sky and think that its looking at you...but you cant see metadatas sent to someone else from your phone/computer...

Thats all what revolts me when I see the Fury to bring drones down, as there are waaayy more other most important things to worry about first ...
Législation should first try to make drone manufacturers to make their drones in the way the laws are , sensitize drone owners about the risks of flying a drone, and senitize all people about what can do and show a flying camera...
Maybe most people would understand what its all about, and then, punish harder those who dont respect laws (like it works with guns, when someone want to or kill other people)....

Reactions: 韦马可 and Goof
No disrespect but perhaps that's why you have a mass shooting every week.
We don't have mass shootings every week. That is just media hype. What we do have is a mental health issue that no one seems to have a good answer to fixing.

Hmmm... I cant really agree with you guys...
You speak about fire weapons and try to compare it with drones... I dont think these two things can be compared:.....
Thank you for your thoughtful post but I believe you are missing the point. I don’t think anyone is comparing drones to guns as devices. What is comparable between the two is the widespread ignorance by the non-drone and non gun owning public as to their respective capabilities, efforts to restrict them and constitutional issues that surround these efforts in the United States.

Thank you for your thoughtful post but I believe you are missing the point. I don’t think anyone is comparing drones to guns as devices. What is comparable between the two is the widespread ignorance by the non-drone and non gun owning public as to their respective capabilities, efforts to restrict them and constitutional issues that surround these efforts in the United States.
I completely agree with you on that. I have pointed out the divide here many times in the past. ANY person that has taken a class to prep for the 107 or has taken the test will tell you that when you are operating a drone you are the PILOT in command! PERIOD, not operator in command, not hobbyist, not big kid with a toy... You are the Pilot and until people realize that and understand the infinite capabilities and the infinite hazards that a small unmanned aerial system has not only to people on the ground but also to other aircraft, we are going to continue to be under the spotlight because of idiots who don't know how to follow common sense rules. They must also understand that it IS and AIRCRAFT. Your less than .55 lb drone is a toy but anything bigger is an aircraft and as such you have a huge responsibility not only to those around you when you are flying but also to the industry as a whole to treat it as such. If the average joe out back flying doesn't get it and get on board, then yes i can see an end to the hobby or at least a more regulated hobby.

Reactions: Goof
Nice topic. It's messed up. I live remote area as well. Once my neighbour try to tell me i should not fly because of neighbours. Lol. It's simple. I said when you and the neighbours take y all surveillance cameras down then I might consider it. The cameras facing the street and obviously wide angle the entire area including neighbours yards cause some live close. So who right or wrong? If they invested in my camera then I'll help them out. Man made laws. Civil aviation can't try these foolishness in the Caribbean.

So, Drones taking property (homes and buildings) videos for sellers is going to be restricted? If so, the free market and user services are goin backwards.
There must be a run on tin foil hats in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400