DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The fake Mavic batteries have arrived.

I wonder how non-DJI batteries handle the updates.

Rick over on his YouTube channel (Drone Valley) did a review of non DJI batteries and he came across with a positive review. Said firmware upgrades worked and DJI4 read the batteries as if they were DJI branded ones.
Rick is an engineer geek (no disrespect intended Rick) and knows his stuff and I trust his opinions.

But this isn’t one of them.

They don’t have DJI on the label, the seller doesn’t represent them as being DJI, they don’t look like DJI batteries. They’re third-party batteries, not “fakes.”

But congrats, they were $3 cheaper than what Best Buy is selling DJI batteries for right now.

3 bucks cheaper? Why would anyone risk their pro for 3 bucks?

Reactions: paulmike3
just saw a "flash deal" on Amazon. $47 for the Mavic Pro battery.....so I ordered another. 1/2 the price of the DJI store. And the first one (at $59) flies great. Only time will tell how many cycles I get out of it.
Probably the same since most assemblers cannot afford the NRE to have new cells made that are of a strange shape. And the Mavic Pro battery is definitely a strange shape. Almost all commercial LiPo batteries are long rectangles these days. The Mavic Pro is just a little short of being a perfect square inside. Again, only time will tell for longevity. Still waiting to get my first "tear down" used DJI so that I can examine all the internal details. Since this product is 2 years old now, hard to believe someone has not done a tear-down on a busted battery yet? If you see one, please post it here. Thanks.
tjcooper

Seen a bloke on utube that reviews maveric products he does tutorials on how to charge battery's and he reviewed one that comes with a fire bag aswell he checks everything and rates them after all his tests I've used 3rd party battery's in drills cars bikes etc I've got 4 batts now but when they start to die I'll try one

The new ones are a whopping $18 cheaper:eek::D.

The ones the bloke recommend are ( powerextra) and are £46 on eBay a standard dji are £80 ish depending where you look so just over 50% the bloke on utube is drone valley give it a look

I sent the seller a message. She has no idea about the batteries just what is in the description. I pointed her to this thread and I asked her if she would sell me one at half price so I can test it and then open it to see what is going on and that I would post my findings. She replied, "No, if you don't think they will work don't buy one.".

Reactions: paulmike3
I sent the seller a message. She has no idea about the batteries just what is in the description. I pointed her to this thread and I asked her if she would sell me one at half price so I can test it and then open it to see what is going on and that I would post my findings. She replied, "No, if you don't think they will work don't buy one.".
It was a good try though. Hopefully they'll keep dropping the price. I'm thinking that once they hit $50 I'll give 'em a go.

It was a good try though. Hopefully they'll keep dropping the price. I'm thinking that once they hit $50 I'll give 'em a go.

I figure if I can put one in my Mavic and it fits properly, I can then send it to my buddy to test the cells

This guy sells the charger and battery for 39 bucks. I might get one and test it out.

11.4V 3830mAh Intelligent Battery & Charger For DJI Mavic Pro/Platinum/Alpine US | eBay

I figure if I can put one in my Mavic and it fits properly, I can then send it to my buddy to test the cells

This guy sells the charger and battery for 39 bucks. I might get one and test it out.

11.4V 3830mAh Intelligent Battery & Charger For DJI Mavic Pro/Platinum/Alpine US | eBay
Following that link the batteries are sold out and you can only order a charger for $40. Are the batteries also $40 when they are in stock? Everywhere else I can find those batteries are at lest $60.

I still have one battery, and I've been waiting for my income tax return to get another. I then see that Drone Valley video yesterday on the Powerextra battery, and it may just pick up one. What pushed me past my skepticism on an aftermarket battery are the smarts and software updates. If these Powerextra batteries don't suffer these update problems, they have similar flight times, their lifespan is similar to DJI batteries and they are reasonably priced, I will take the plunge.

If I do and my bird falls from the sky or something similar, I will just eat the loss and then fly my P4 until the Mavic Pro II comes out...and only purchase DJI batteries from then on.

Reactions: MavicCF
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077SLY3WK
The above link is on the powerextra site's link for one of their single batteries at Amazon. It currently lists for $59.99, which is a little cheaper than the 46 quid($63US) they are selling for in the UK.
Thanks, I did see those ones earlier (actually I posted a link on page 3) waiting for them to get cheaper:D.

Reactions: ftttu
I just ordered 2 more had a deal two for 85.00 i've been flying the hell out of them we will see if they last as long as oems do for me around 100 charges if they get 60 to 80 i'd be thrilled!!

I just ordered 2 more had a deal two for 85.00 i've been flying the **** out of them we will see if they last as long as oems do for me around 100 charges if they get 60 to 80 i'd be thrilled!!
Comparable flight times to stock?

I've been getting 18 to 20 minutes mixed flying. they seem to be pretty **** good guys..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALEXANDRE MARAN GREGOLIN