DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The fake Mavic batteries have arrived.

I saw those on Amazon when I ordered a couple of spares yesterday.

I wouldn't call them fake, just 3rd party, as they aren't trying to pass themselves off as DJI OEM branded.
Fake can have many definitions.

Fake can have many definitions.

But this isn’t one of them.

They don’t have DJI on the label, the seller doesn’t represent them as being DJI, they don’t look like DJI batteries. They’re third-party batteries, not “fakes.”

But congrats, they were $3 cheaper than what Best Buy is selling DJI batteries for right now.

K....
Congrats?
But this isn’t one of them.

They don’t have DJI on the label, the seller doesn’t represent them as being DJI, they don’t look like DJI batteries. They’re third-party batteries, not “fakes.”

But congrats, they were $3 cheaper than what Best Buy is selling DJI batteries for right now.

Has to be much cheaper than just $3 less for people to take the risk.

Fakes will soon be in the market I guess, all this needs is the proper casing and label.

Surprised this has only just been brought up, saw it a few weeks ago on one of the Chinese sites.

Has to be much cheaper than just $3 less for people to take the risk.

Fakes will soon be in the market I guess, all this needs is the proper casing and label.

Surprised this has only just been brought up, saw it a few weeks ago on one of the Chinese sites.
Mr. Salty is going to correct you for calling them fakes.

I used cheap $50 Chinese knock-offs on my Phantom 2 ~they worked (and still work) perfectly. I'm interested in hearing if these work. Granted, at this price point I wouldn't even consider them over OEM ~yet...

You never know. These batteries can be as good (or even better) than DJI's. It's not given that they are reverse-engineered. It could be as simple as two buddies meeting in a cafe in China, "Hey, I have an idea, I work for a supplier for DJI, we make batteries for Mavic. I know you're working on a LiPo battery factory. I give you exact production documentation, you make exact copy, just slightly different look, we split profits 50/50. What'cha think, buddy?" :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78