DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The fastest way to get a Mavic

I put this spreadsheet together to compare the cost of buying each item separately vs getting the combo.

You do save like $120.

And there are some nice to have things like the battery hub which lets you sequencially charge the batteries without you having (to wake up in the middle of the night) to plug and unplug the batteries, also the car charger; etc.

But yeah, I get you. It depends on how quickly you want to get the drone vs. what you really need and what you save.

That's why I'm asking if someone has ordered directly from DJI.com, because all the complaints I read here are from Amazon only. Maybe there you get the best of both worlds. Maybe not.

8be41181aa94f9bd2b4933b7d951fd75.jpg

Adding another to the chorus of folks who ordered from Apple recently. Placed my order at 8:30 this morning. Fingers crossed.

@Hawkeye,

I have always ordered from DJI directly dating back to the P2 (probably 20 drones all together including gifts to others and my Fu** up's and please don't tell my wife) and they have never shipped early. From everything I've seen, with the exception of newegg early on, no one is shipping on time.

It's almost as if Apple received a large shipment and simply fulfilled all orders, old and new. I am only speculating, but they are probably your best bet. If you can afford the temporary charge, why not just order and cross your fingers. You can always cancel your DJI order. Cancellation is easier now than ever with them.

Don't know where you live, but also consider that DJI will not collect sales tax whereas Apple will. In NY, it was an additional cost of $80.00.

Just an update, the Apple stores around me (Baton Rouge, Louisiana/ New Orleans, Louisiana) no longer have ship to store as an available option on the Apple website.

@Hawkeye,

........other wording removed to shorten this post......

Don't know where you live, but also consider that DJI will not collect sales tax whereas Apple will. In NY, it was an additional cost of $80.00.

But direct ordering from DJI incurres an "international charge" of $35.... Still cheaper but should be noted for future buyers.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Quite different from my order. I ordered Sept 27th from Best Buy Canada and their order site has an ETA release date of Dec 31. Will post a note here if I ever receive it :)

My next DJI product I will order through Apple or if DJI changes their 'charge your card immediately' policy I will order directly through them.

Weather here is terrible at the moment so am in no rush

Dji has changed their payment policy. They no longer charge your card at the time of order. They made good on their promise which is a positive step in the right direction.

Tomorrow in Poland in Warsaw DJI is opening first official store and first 20-50 people will get mavic.

I was reading a post on this board a week or so ago where some guy ordered a Mavic through the Apple Store & received his Mavic within a week. I decided to give this a try & ordered my Mavic on Dec/03 & received a text message today saying my Mavic would be delivered by Dec/09. The Mavic store shows 7 - 8 weeks for delivery but apparently this is false.

I can confirm this info. I ordered my Mavic from the online Apple Store on Monday 12/5. Delivery was quoted as 7-8 weeks (Feb 1), but on Wednesday 12/7, I received an email that my order was ready for pick up at my designated local store in Minneapolis. If only the weather were flyable right now! (Probably a good thing weather is not flyable, as I am a total beginner and will have some time to study the manual and continue to practice on my cheap Blade Nano drone before risking my Mavic).

I called Apple on Thursday 12/8/16, transferred to Austin TX to a central office where this gal by the name of Jamie tried to find me a Mavic from any store in US. No luck. Asked me if I wanted to open up a business account (self-employed). I said yes! Because of that she saved me $99! So, with tax and free delivery it came to $972.00! No dealer or DJI would do this!
Also, there is a 14-day return policy if I don't like it! So I'm going to fly the hell out of it and see if I like it. I probably will not return it. Order said delivery wood be 2/1/17 - 2/7/17. Waiting for shipping confirmation. Will keep you posted.
Fly like you stole it!

I called Apple on Thursday 12/8/16, transferred to Austin TX to a central office where this gal by the name of Jamie tried to find me a Mavic from any store in US. No luck. Asked me if I wanted to open up a business account (self-employed). I said yes! Because of that she saved me $99! So, with tax and free delivery it came to $972.00! No dealer or DJI would do this!
Also, there is a 14-day return policy if I don't like it! So I'm going to fly the **** out of it and see if I like it. I probably will not return it. Order said delivery wood be 2/1/17 - 2/7/17. Waiting for shipping confirmation. Will keep you posted.
Fly like you stole it!
Did the same! talked with a guy named Matt. Great discount on this and on future Apple product. Thank you woodbutcher50.

Last edited:
Same with mine when ordered through Apple, took about a month to deliver when ordered 1st Oct. Many others in Aus who ordered through different companies are still waiting :/

Ordered one in early October. Hoped it would be delivered before vacation. Disappointed. Somehow I doubt I'll see it before Christmas. This reminds me of the commercial "it's my money and I want it now!" Should be changed to "I preordered a Mavic and I want it now!" Lol. Good luck. And stay off EBay unless you have mad cash to spend and don't care about getting ripped!

Giving this method a try here in Essex county Ontario. I also have one on order with staples from near end of October. Losing my mind! Wanted to take this with me on a trip leaving Sunday (Caribbean). [emoji22]

I ordered from Staples too. They keep saying "you should receive next week". Again..again..

In Los Angeles, is there a chance I can simply walk into any Apple store and pick one box of standard Mavic on Dec 21st ?

Also to note, most in store pickups are this Thursday. There is probably a good chance they will also have them in stock at that same time.

Do agree with the OP I also ordered one this week and it will be here Friday for me (west coast)
You ordered it through apple? What day?

Sent from my SM-N920P using MavicPilots mobile app

I contacted Yitamotor on Friday and they still told me they had no shipping estimate. Then this morning I wake up to my Mavic sitting on my doorstep from them. Now to cancel my Apple order.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife