DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 The Himalaya

Beautiful video with some very good filming and flying.
But the music was a bit too dramatic for my taste - the landscape is dramatic enough on its own.

Reactions: rhberg
Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Hey, great picture. Went there 20 years ago,... no drone, nor digital photo... too bad. Did you go to Everest BC too ?

I really enjoyed this. Excellent job. Me personally I liked the music. It helped draw me in.

Fabulous film! Great timelapses, and star tracks! I did the 19 trek from the air field to Kala Pattar in 2001 as a private tour with a crew of 15 an my son in law. Best experience in the world. I recognized the various mountains (Ama Dhablam, Pumori, etc.) and villages along the way. We made it it Kalla Pattar, at 18,500 feet shown in your final frame. Only had a Nikon DSLR at that time.

You certainly get around. ( Green through envy lol )
You have been near the roof of the world, what about the Dead Sea?
Not to brag, but yes, we (my wife and I) did an extensive trip to Israel in 1974 one year after the Yom Kippur war, and we did swim in the Dead Sea. Also, THIS year (March 2023) , we traveled to Doha/ Dubai/Abu Dhabi/Israel/and Jordan. We drove along the Red Sea on our trip from Jerusalem to Petra. Here are two videos. They are kind of long but they include everything on this trip.

Dale

Middle East Trip part 1.
Middle East Trip part 2. The Middle East Video Part 2

Last edited:
Not to brag, but yes, we d (my wife and I) did an extensive trip to Israel in 1974 one year after the Yom Kippur war, and we did swim in the Dead Sea. Also, THIS year (March 2023) , we traveled to Doha/ Dubai/Abu Dhabi/Israel/and Jordan. We drove along the Red Sea on our trip from Jerusalem to Petra. Here are two videos. They are kind of long but they include everything on this trip.

Dale

Middle East Trip part 1.
Middle East Trip part 2. The Middle East Video Part 2
Oh by the way here here are a few images from the 2000 trip to Everest

Attachments

• Everest and Base Camp,Khumbu Icefall Viveza lo rez.jpg
    Everest and Base Camp,Khumbu Icefall Viveza lo rez.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Stunning Video. I've always wanted to visit the Himalayas. Don't know if I'd ever want to climb any of them.

So just going from memory, I know I saw Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, and Ama Dablam, and I'm pretty sure I saw Nanda Devi and Makalu, and Maybe Cho Oyu in the background somewhere.. Did I correctly identify those? and are there any other notable mountains I missed? How long were you there to film this, and when did you go?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb