DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The last moments with my mavic I think it’s a factory defect

Bird strike seems plausible those [Language removed by Admin] hawks have been eyeing it all month

Admin:
* We can do better than this . . . . *

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Shon
Bird strike seems plausible those [Language removed by Admin] hawks have been eyeing it all month
Birdstrikes are very rare and are mentioned here much more than they really happen.
A birdstrike would show up pretty clearly in the recorded flight data.
If you want to know what happened ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Thomas B
On the dji go app where

One of the benefits of having Sar104 review your logs is that you have an independent opinion. This can be very helpful, especially if DJI comes up with a different conclusion. :)

Reactions: Brandaloo
Throwing a prop seems plausible I did have one missing when I recovered it

Why not look at the data rather than throwing out all the perhaps scenarios you can imagine.
The fact is that your recorded flight data will go a long way to eliminating most of what's been suggested so far.
A thrown prop (if it happened) would take about 10 seconds to spot in the flight data.
If you had shared your flight data back when it was first suggested, you'd have known at least as much as DJI will ever find out within an hour or two.

Last edited:

Why speculate (Wild Guesses) when you can do as suggested 24hrs ago (the 2nd time) and at least have some rational ideas of what might have happened.

@sar104 told you on Tuesday night how to do this...

The detailed instructions are in post #4.

Arce, Why aren't you posting the log and dat files as explained? Don't you want to know what may have happened?

Further, not just you but everyone reading this gets to benefit by what is learned. It's almost guaranteed that SAR and others will figure it out. It could be a teaching moment for everyone.

Please, follow the direction in post #4 and share the log and dat files.

Mark

Birdstrikes are very rare and are mentioned here much more than they really happen.
A birdstrike would show up pretty clearly in the recorded flight data.
If you want to know what happened ...

I've lost two drones to birds and one to power lines.

Just realized that the OP is the same guy that sent his drone to a random independent drone repair shop he found on the internet:

He was mad at DJI for his own mistake. I doubt, seriously, we'll ever see those txt and dat files get uploaded. Too bad.

Mark

Reactions: Shon and BigAl07
Historically though the forum, those that continue to make the choice not to upload flight logs, have turned out to have done something wrong/pilot error, and just waste all of our time by posting. If you want help upload logs. If you just want to vent, we have read it all before. Threats of legal action against DJI, promises of never buying DJI ever again. All empty statements.
However those that have posted logs nearly always end up satisfied with answer, with either evidence to use with their claim, or having learned a valuable lesson on an error made.
Plus, we all learn something making the thread valuable to all

Historically though the forum, those that continue to make the choice not to upload flight logs, have turned out to have done something wrong/pilot error, and just waste all of our time by posting. If you want help upload logs. If you just want to vent, we have read it all before. Threats of legal action against DJI, promises of never buying DJI ever again. All empty statements.
However those that have posted logs nearly always end up satisfied with answer, with either evidence to use with their claim, or having learned a valuable lesson on an error made.
Plus, we all learn something making the thread valuable to all
Plus, I doubt if anyone from DJI will ever see the rant. Post it to DJI forum. DJI FORUM.

so we're supposed to remove our child I guess I've been doing it all wrong all these years hahaha

Reactions: Wilbur
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost