DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The last screen shot before I lost contact

burnheart

Reactions
And then immediately regained contact 5 seconds later and turned it around to come back home! Haha. Just a joke, but I got him seriously out there
0c2512b4ff9675f9d0f491c3d2e26819.jpg
over open water!

Aw man, I wish I could get State Farm. I would feel so much better, but for some reason, they don't offer this coverage in California. Such a bummer. Though, I do have DJI refresh, and if I'm not being an idiot, and it's not brought down by a bird attack, I may be able to send in the flight info and prove it was something under warranty that went wrong. Any thoughts on that anyone? (Hypothetical)

Aw man, I wish I could get State Farm. I would feel so much better, but for some reason, they don't offer this coverage in California. Such a bummer. Though, I do have DJI refresh, and if I'm not being an idiot, and it's not brought down by a bird attack, I may be able to send in the flight info and prove it was something under warranty that went wrong. Any thoughts on that anyone? (Hypothetical)

Anybody have standalone drone insurance coverage in California? Maybe State Farm doesnt cover, but there might be others who do and it would be worth looking into. Refresh usually works only if you have a carcass to send them.

Reactions: brettseattle
Yep. Open to anyone's thoughts here but everything I've read so far says you can get it insured everywhere but Cali

well, just remember ships have big powerful engines that can generate quite a large EM field around it, enough to cause some interference. Also they got powerful radars and radio.
Not surprised, have experience it a couple of times before! Still I can see you were not soo close.

What was the firmware you are using?

Reactions: burnheart
Newest firmware update. Ya, other forums I'm on ppl said the same thing. Def a possibility but seemed like it was slowly losing remote and had recep as it went out

One of my first films with the new mavic and very amateurish compared to what I can do now but I filmed a train. I think diesel engines also put out some sort of electromagnetic interference so I tried not to get too close. Here's my video. It's on my cloud so if you're using a phone hit full screen and turn your phone sideways.

TRAIN IN RELIANCE.MOV

Last edited:
Reactions: KiterTodd
well, just remember ships have big powerful engines that can generate quite a large EM field around it, enough to cause some interference. Also they got powerful radars and radio.
Not surprised, have experience it a couple of times before! Still I can see you were not soo close.

What was the firmware you are using?

I doubt the ship's engines would generate much, if any EMF. They're likely to be heavy Diesel engines. You raise a good point about radar though.

... Haha. Just a joke, but I got him seriously out there over open water!
0c2512b4ff9675f9d0f491c3d2e26819.jpg
D*mn, that's impressive. Were you really only at 27' or did you take off in a hole?

If I flew out that far, I'd be higher up. Maybe you lowered it for the photo. Cool pick, though. Thanks for sharing.

Now, if you land it on the deck of a moving ship, then take off and fly home... that would be really impressive. ;)

well, just remember ships have big powerful engines that can generate quite a large EM field around it, enough to cause some interference.
Nope. Not true at all, unless you're flying in the engine room.
Also they got powerful radars and radio.
This, on the other hand, is a very real problem, especially the radar.

One of my first films with the new mavic and very amateurish compared to what I can do now but I filmed a train. I think diesel engines also put out some sort of electromagnetic interference so I tried not to get too close. Here's my video. It's on my cloud so if you're using a phone hit full screen and turn your phone sideways.

TRAIN IN RELIANCE.MOV

I don't know how much Emf a locomotive produces, but I don't think it's from the Diesel engine, I would expect it more from the giant electrical power plant and electric drive motors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh