DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The last time I will ever use ebay for selling a drone

I dold a solo with go pro 3 batteries and a second controller. Sent it insured in 5 boxes. Two weeks later i get the same BS he dosen't want it anymore F FWD i get two boxes ONE DESTROYED with a hole 8 inches up the side and guess what not insured and NO GO PRO it was brand new and the drone was busted up. I TOOK pictures BEFORE I SIGNED AT POST OFFICE and in the end they found in his favor i got NOTHING BACK AND IM BEING SUED. If i can figure out how to post pictures i will or ill send them sorry but you did win. Congratulations

I don't believe in Karma, but I do believe this perpetrator will get his due.......:)

And, yes, eBay has become the 800 pound gorilla. Don't like the way they do business, then go elsewhere. I despise that company.

Reactions: pcrc
I hope your kidding. Amazon is 100x worse then ebay. I do $30,000+ a month on ebay and around $23,000 on Amazon. Amazon's employees are idiots and always favor the buyer.

That has most certainly not been my experience and I'm not suggesting Amazon (another 800 pound gorilla) is innocent !!

I’m in the middle of a “chargeback” situation right now myself. Very similar story to OP’s. I was shocked to learn the banks could even do what they did - reach into my bank account (which is not with the buyer’s bank) and withdraw funds. Without making the buyer return anything. 3 months after purchase.

Something is very wrong with that system. But why don’t you try telling DJI that the drone was stolen (you still have the serial humber?). Maybe they can shut it down remotely.

I really don't know if this is the right section to post this, but here we go. I personally hate ebay. Their fees are out of control and the seller has very few protections when it comes to issues. I sold my dji mavic pro back in February to a guy who lives in Hawaii. He had 50 100% positive reviews, so I thought I could trust him because it was over the course of a few years. His paypal was a verified address and he paid immediately. I shipped out the drone two days later and he received it 4 days after that. He left me a positive review saying the drone was great and he is happy with the purchase.

About 30 days later I receive a paypal notification telling me that the person who purchased my drone opened up a case against me claiming that he did not purchase the drone and that it was a fraudulent charge. I knew this could not be true. Paypal immediately puts me into the negative $ while they investigate. I send paypal the tracking information, the correspondence between him and I regarding the positive feedback, and screenshots of his instagram page showing him flying the drone around (he had no drone pictures prior to the date in which he received my drone). Fast forward to today, two months after he purchased it, and paypal/banking institution has decided to rule in his favor but let me keep my money.

How is this right? How can you let someone keep a product that they purchased and then give them 100% of their money back because they claimed it was fraud? The evidence 100% supports me. That is classic fraud and needs to be prosecuted.

Screenshots attached.

Totally bizarre **
That's definitely not right .

This isn’t the first time I have heard about eBay siding with an obvious scamming buyer. That’s one reason I don’t sell anything of large value there anymore. I sell high value collectibles on amazon. I still buy on eBay but if eBay doesn’t fix this it’s going to be a problem.

This isn’t the first time I have heard about eBay siding with an obvious scamming buyer. That’s one reason I don’t sell anything of large value there anymore. I sell high value collectibles on amazon. I still buy on eBay but if eBay doesn’t fix this it’s going to be a problem.

There is a chance that the guy crashed the drone destroying it so by saying he did not order it he gets his money back .

Correct. Apparently his paypal had his old company (family company) credit card on it. The owner saw the charge and declined. He said he was in contact with them to fix the issue.

I simply asked him, "you did not notice that 800$ didn't come out of your account?" his smart *** remark was "I am lucky enough I do not have to count every nickle and dime". Nice guy. Blocked him from ebay.
But he has to buy a used Mavic to save money...

I really don't know if this is the right section to post this, but here we go. I personally hate ebay. Their fees are out of control and the seller has very few protections when it comes to issues. I sold my dji mavic pro back in February to a guy who lives in Hawaii. He had 50 100% positive reviews, so I thought I could trust him because it was over the course of a few years. His paypal was a verified address and he paid immediately. I shipped out the drone two days later and he received it 4 days after that. He left me a positive review saying the drone was great and he is happy with the purchase.

About 30 days later I receive a paypal notification telling me that the person who purchased my drone opened up a case against me claiming that he did not purchase the drone and that it was a fraudulent charge. I knew this could not be true. Paypal immediately puts me into the negative $ while they investigate. I send paypal the tracking information, the correspondence between him and I regarding the positive feedback, and screenshots of his instagram page showing him flying the drone around (he had no drone pictures prior to the date in which he received my drone). Fast forward to today, two months after he purchased it, and paypal/banking institution has decided to rule in his favor but let me keep my money.

How is this right? How can you let someone keep a product that they purchased and then give them 100% of their money back because they claimed it was fraud? The evidence 100% supports me. That is classic fraud and needs to be prosecuted.

Screenshots attached.
Never sell on eBay. My friend sold his Mavic on eBay in a tricky way . He found the Buyer and contacted him and sold the drone off eBay, by doing so he saved the eBay charge at the same time he knows who is buying. He sold it on cash ...

I am very sorry to hear about your incident and and understand how angry and frustrated you must be.
This is why I will never sell/buy anything expensive on eBay or use PayPal. Unfortunately I had the same thing happened to me just before Christmas. I sold a fairly new iPhone 8+ on FB and after exchanging pleasantries, finally settled on a price. Usually I am very street wise when dealing on eBay and FaceBook. Usually the grammar and the poor English gives it away and will always sell/buy only in UK, however this was a very articulate conversation. Anyway I got notification of PayPal credit and sent the phone off. Like yourself 30 days later I get an email telling me a case had been raised against me as the card user had not authorised the use and that it was found against me and therefore my account was limited. Now I owed PayPal a small fortune and had 10 days to pay, otherwise certain actions would be taken to retrieve the money. The thing is I didn't know about the case until I got the notification from PayPal of the case being found against me.
After spending a rather heated 20 mins on phone to them they basically said that if someone says the card used was not authorised then they will automatically side with person raising the case and reimburse the money without even contacting the other party.
They were not interested in what I said and just kept saying that is their policy. So the money saved for Christmas went to PayPal which I found rather vexing....to say the least.
When I tried to contact the buyer she had deleted her email account and FB account and as for the address, all the person had to do was track package online and hang around the delivery address around the time delivery is expected and just pretend to be from the address.
Did the usual reporting to police for incident number and Action Fraud but not expecting anything to come of it and insurance company weren't interested.
Basically there is no seller protection when it comes to things like that.
Now I refuse to use PayPal. For expensive items I would rather lose out on what its worth and go to Cash Converters or meet the person and do a direct bank transfer.

If you're annoyed enough, take him to civil court for wasting your money, making him have to come to your state. You can even get a lawyer.

What are the seller's damages, court can only make you whole financially and the seller suffered no loss. Now filing criminal charges are another thing, but no one will listen to the sellers as it is across state lines.

Reactions: Aran
I had similar issues with Ebay a few years ago. Will never buy or sell from them again. Sellers have no protection against corrupt buyers.
Amazon all the way now.

Same thing on Amazon, they do not protect their sellers at all while charging them 15% of the gross sale including shipping.

Let's see.... I have a drone and crash it or otherwise ruin it, and I don't want to pay for a new one. So I buy one on eBay and simply claim it was an unauthorized purchase. When they ask me to return the drone, I simply ship back the busted one. Surely it can't be that easy...

Well you have his address go and visit him with a lawyer... it won’t be the first time he’s done it.

Reactions: drakkor
I had similar issues with Ebay a few years ago. Will never buy or sell from them again. Sellers have no protection against corrupt buyers.
Amazon all the way now.
I sell both on eBay and Amazon. I can at least tell you that: Amazon is 100% for buyer and will refund any buyer their money for any reason. At least eBay have some kind of fair protection for seller as well there.

Yup, in such case you can file a police report for fraud and tell him that you're going to see him in court soon. That should change his game. That's what I do with buyer that try to scam me and works each time. Same for scammer that open a "item non received" case when tracking shows it was delivered with signature even!

as ****** as that is however, he did order it and even left feedback on it.
Someone more than likely hacked into his E bay account and as you know E bay and PayPal are one in the same the owner of the account more than likely has his pay-pal account attached to his E bay account due to E bay owns PayPal... so the person ordered a drone and intercepted the package when it arrived at the real account owners house.

Send him a message telling him that unless he hands himself over that after a secret number of flights the drone is programmed to attack him when he least expects it and that he would need a code to switch this feature off. Then send him some pictures off youtube where birds are falling out the sky.

Amazon all the way now.
Hi. This is not totally true. However You have to be very carefull when You’re making your ebay post and You have to be sure that everything is right there. Otherwise it is very easy to loose the case. I’ve been there many times over the years.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest