DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The last time I will ever use ebay for selling a drone

I really don't know if this is the right section to post this, but here we go. I personally hate ebay. Their fees are out of control and the seller has very few protections when it comes to issues. I sold my dji mavic pro back in February to a guy who lives in Hawaii. He had 50 100% positive reviews, so I thought I could trust him because it was over the course of a few years. His paypal was a verified address and he paid immediately. I shipped out the drone two days later and he received it 4 days after that. He left me a positive review saying the drone was great and he is happy with the purchase.

About 30 days later I receive a paypal notification telling me that the person who purchased my drone opened up a case against me claiming that he did not purchase the drone and that it was a fraudulent charge. I knew this could not be true. Paypal immediately puts me into the negative $ while they investigate. I send paypal the tracking information, the correspondence between him and I regarding the positive feedback, and screenshots of his instagram page showing him flying the drone around (he had no drone pictures prior to the date in which he received my drone). Fast forward to today, two months after he purchased it, and paypal/banking institution has decided to rule in his favor but let me keep my money.

How is this right? How can you let someone keep a product that they purchased and then give them 100% of their money back because they claimed it was fraud? The evidence 100% supports me. That is classic fraud and needs to be prosecuted.

Screenshots attached.

Absolutely agree with you with eBay's charges and bad customer service, Payal I think are even worse here in the uk with there customer service and charges, unfortunately it seems so worldwide that its getting acceptable to steal everything instead of paying for it and all the time people are getting away with it the unscrupulous will keep doing it.

Might be worth naming and shaming these thieves and eventually it cut some of it down.

This isn’t the first time I have heard about eBay siding with an obvious scamming buyer. That’s one reason I don’t sell anything of large value there anymore. I sell high value collectibles on amazon. I still buy on eBay but if eBay doesn’t fix this it’s going to be a problem.
it pretty much policy to side with the buyer EVERYTIME!!

I
I sent it to his Paypal verified address. He never contacted me telling me where to send it.
I still say the PAYMENT was made with a source that was not the buyers. Account has nothing to do with it. Whoever owned the credit card or bank account reversed the charges. Not the buyer. That’s why he still has the drone. For now.

I've had luck selling locally with all my drones on craigslist. cash only. I have just had to be willing to wait a bit to find the right buyer, and wade through a few silly low ballers.

I thought PAYPAL was supposed to prevent this type of problem.

Not sayin' I like PAYPAL, just askin' if it is helpful at all...
paypal tends to favor the buyer.

Source: i am a very big client of paypals, and they even treat me badly sometimes.

Reactions: Chirp
I feel your pain. I sold a PERFECT Spark two weeks ago. Packed in its foam box, then in the original packaging, then wrapped in bubble wrap, then in another cardboard box. Nothing was damaging it. It was signed for delivered on a Friday and I asked the seller to confirm everything was as expected. They replied yes, but didn’t leave any feedback. Four days later they filed a claim against me stating one of the arms was broken and it must have been broken in transit. Bull. They’d obviously flown it, crashed it and broken it. So, they want their money back and to return a broken Spark to me.

What they didn’t know was this isn’t the first time someone’s tried this with me. So, I’d filmed the Spark working perfectly, then my packing it up - all time stamped and linked to the time on the mailing receipt 9 minutes after packing. I’ve sent this to ebay, PayPal and the buyer, but I’ve no doubt they’ll come down in favour of the buyer.

This is what I hate. The number of times Ive sold stuff, the buyer uses it and then breaks it on purpose in order to return it (seller has to pay shipping on returns if the item is faulty!).
So I get stung for the value of the item, as well as postage costs to the buyer AND back!!!

Jumping in on this late.

Your best remedy is to leave scathing feedback for the prick.

Sadly I left positive feedback because he left me positive feedback when he received it. Can't change the feedback after the fact :/

The OP title and your general attitude is a bit mystifying.

1. You sold a drone via Ebay.
2. The buyer (...or someone claiming to be the buyer...) disputed the transaction.
3. A case was opened and Ebay duly investigated what had happened.
4. The transaction was finalized as it should: You were paid, the buyer kept the item.

Ebay is not obliged to provide information as to what system/businesses hiccups induced the less-than-normal proceedings.

If for nothing else, because an explanation could provide leads on how to take advantage of the system and, as such, it would be privileged information.

If you are complaining from a little more trouble than you would have had in a regular transaction, fine.

As for everything else, there's nothing to complain about.

MK

Reactions: Jimbo40
This type of PayPal/eBay scam happens all too frequently, it's way too easy for somebody to pretend they are the buyer on eBay and use a compromised PayPal account which is legit. The rule of thumb, don't sell anything on eBay unless your hundred percent okay with losing it and your money.

I'm looking to sell my Mavic Pro combo with tons of extras (too many headaches with the sport) but with all the horror stories of sells getting ripped off it still sits on the shelf collecting dust.

paypal tends to favor the buyer.
That is putting it lightly. :)

I avoid PayPal as much as possible. I realize that years ago, when they started out, protecting buyers was the big draw. Back then it was common to have to pay for an ebay item before it was even shipped. Many buyers were scammed. So PayPal was a great option.

But they have gone too far, and allowed scammers, even one-time-only scammers, to flourish as BUYERS. The OP is lucky that he was able to keep his payment. But many others are not as lucky and lose out to these scammers.

Mike

OP, you got paid.
You keep saying he got to keep my drone and the money.
It wasn't your drone.
If he scammed, PayPal investigation can't find the problem so they pay you, it's their loss they're drone and you're out of the picture you were paid.
They make so much money that these losses are part of their business. You don't need to solve their investigation for them, nor do they want you to be sticking your nose in it. My cc card was hacked for $11k they wanted a statement from me, a bit more info, locked down my credit line with them and 2 months later boom back on the road again and all clear.
They took a loss of 11k., as much as I wanted to know what happened and how somebody could do that they would not tell me anything, except, not to worry. it was their loss and their business

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo