DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Mavic 2 Rescue Jacket in action.

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Although this is a video of a Mavic Pro landing on the Water in the pouring Rain, its the same exact size Rescue Jacket that is used on the Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom.

The client showed off its stream line design to fly as well as what the low center of Gravity design is capable of.
Its not often we post testimonial but this one got me.

Special Thanks to @slozukimc
for pushing the limits of the Wet Suit and the Rescue Jacket allowing me to edit the video.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Capture the Storm or Land on the water like a Frog..

Last edited:
Reactions: RMS001
I was just skimming the video looking for the water landing and happened to stop around 2:40, what was the cause of the bounce at 2:43?

what was the cause of the bounce at 2:43
Deliberate hard landing apparently. You can see the pilot doing the same thing several times in the water prior to that point in the video.

Deliberate hard landing apparently. You can see the pilot doing the same thing several times in the water prior to that point in the video.
If you read my posts I explain that was a total accident due to being in sport mode and being a dumb ***. I expected a gentle landing and it slammed down fast and scared the crap out of me as you can hear in the video if you listen closely.

The water landings weren’t anywhere near as hard.

Mike

Edit: Being half computer dumb as well I realize now that there are no posts above to read and I was referring to posts I explained in the other thread. Hahahahaha. I always say sometimes we are a little slow but we do catch on. Lmao!!!!!

Last edited:
I was just skimming the video looking for the water landing and happened to stop around 2:40, what was the cause of the bounce at 2:43?
He was flying in Sport mode and just forgot when he pushed the sticks down to land coming down a bit to hard. When there is a lot going on with the wind and rain its easy to forget what mode your in.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. , Land on the Water.

A note to anyone thinking about playing around the water…….get a rescue jacket and that sinking(pun intended) feeling in your gut can go away. There is no way your drone will sink in any weather and anything less than white caps on the lake is a breeze for it. The drone lands solid and floats perfectly. Keep your props spinning in the rough stuff just in case you need to pop up out of the way of a wave but you can feel totally safe letting your drone land and float around on smooth water.

Mike

oooops I thought I had posted this earlier, just after your reply, but it seems not. so.....

Cheers, I stopped skimming /looking when I saw the bounce. I will watch the entire video later.

That was a cool video. The rescue jacket really works.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute