DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Mavic Mini SDK was released today...

I so hope to be wrong, but they may not allow waypoints anymore from this point forward, except on their more enterprise/pro line of drones. Changing times, liability bs. People like to assume that if you spend crazy amounts of money on a drone, then you're more "responsible" than the regular ol masses.

No waypoints is a showstopper for me. Won't be buying the Mavic Mini now.
Litchi won't support waypoints, but the Dronelink app will with no help from the SDK, and it appears to be a very nice system. Until today, I hadn't looked at what DJI offers for waypoints in DJI GO for most of their drones, but it turns out that it's pretty much a piece of crap -- you have to fly to each waypoint to set it, and I've seen more powerful camera control in $100 drones -- so even if DJI put that junk in DJI Fly for the Mini, we'd be wanting something better. Now I understand why Litchi is so popular for those drones.

Last edited:
For those that are frustrated with the lack of waypoint support for the Mavic Mini, you should definitely give Dronelink a look.

Outside of the fact that it's incredibly powerful, it uses its own flight controller will make it the only solution that will provide what you're looking for.. Only $20 and will give you a ton of additional things in addition to just waypoints.

The team has been very focused recently on some larger enterprise deals (which will only further help those that learn to use it), but released Mavic Mini support due to requests from existing DL users.

Here is the link to learn more and sign up.

Here are the how-to videos from the site as well.

For those that are frustrated with the lack of waypoint support for the Mavic Mini, you should definitely give Dronelink a look.

Outside of the fact that it's incredibly powerful, it uses its own flight controller will make it the only solution that will provide what you're looking for.. Only $20 and will give you a ton of additional things in addition to just waypoints.

The team has been very focused recently on some larger enterprise deals, but released Mavic Mini support due to requests from existing DL users.

Here is the link to learn more and sign up.

Here are the how-to videos from the site as well.

I watched all the tutorials -- Dronelink is awesome! (And don't even think about jumping into the UI without watching the tutorials! This is not your grandfather's mission planner; it has a unique approach that's very powerful.)

I watched several videos last night. So, Dronelink works with the Mini right now? How bad is it if you briefly lose connection while flying, which happens to me sometime? Does it immediately RTH or wait a few seconds for connection to be regained?

Last edited:
Reactions: pescobar61
I watched several videos last night. So, Dronelink works with the Mini right now?

The list in the link below doesn't include the Mini just now, so expect they've yet to add in support for it:

Also some info on what happens when you lose connection:

I watched several videos last night. So, Dronelink works with the Mini right now? How bad is it if you briefly lose connection while flying, which happens to me sometime? Does it immediately RTH or wait a few seconds for connection to be regained?

Hang tight on full test Mini support - I don't have a MIni -but was told that it was updated to support it. I personally want to test it to make sure it works We are doing final testing on it and will post here..

As far as RTH kick in, , it's the same as if you were flying with DJI Go. If it loses connection, it tries to regain connection and then RTH is activated...

Last edited:
The list in the link below doesn't include the Mini just now, so expect they've yet to add in support for it:

Also some info on what happens when you lose connection:

Need to clarify....

I personally don't have a mini so I have tested it -- yet.. Got some of our testers doing that now. The Android APKs are being uploaded now - so they should be ready for testing and use.. Looking for feedback now.

The IOS version was submitted yesterday - needs apple approval.

More to come.

Apologize for the pre-announcement, I thought we had some users already test it, but haven't got there yet.

Reactions: pescobar61 and scro
Wonder if Litchi is working on the same app-based waypoint idea? He actually has been pretty lax lately. Guess I'm just hoping maybe he's got something dronelink-like up his sleeve. Has anyone happened to write him about it? Especially since so many of us have a Litchi license, and I don't see dronelink offering any discount codes to mavicpilots members (which would definitely make me purchase one btw if you're listening Thumbswayup

Unfortunately, $20 per month for anything other than pure recreation. That price point does make it pretty easy to try, though.

Unfortunately, $20 per month for anything other than pure recreation. That price point does make it pretty easy to try, though.

It's $20/month for commercial drone pilots.
It's $20 one time for consumers.. (But you're getting the core functionality unlimited that you want)

If you're using it to make money, $20/month shouldn't be an issue. I'd also assume that most people that are using Mini's are probably using it for fun. Really need too upgrade to start driving better commercial content.

I suspect that most people with the Mini are recreational users so the one-off cost would apply.

Yes but Litchi had cost me $10.71...

Litchi currently costs $22.99. That looks like being for an app which doesn't give missions (waypoints) which would primarily be what I'm looking for.

What’s better litchi or hammer, assuming they both are working on the sdk integration for the mm.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123