DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The most annoying part of flying the Avata

I don't know about you, but as much as I like flying the Avata, and as much as the FPV experience is so different than using a traditional RC, for me, the most annoying thing is the separation from the environment when putting the goggles on. I don't know who's hanging around near me, maybe staring at me, maybe trying to get his hands on my gear while I can't see it, I just don't feel safe with that on...
I found myself putting the drone on hold whenever I think someone is in close proximity to me, taking off the goggles, and looking around. Alternatively, I'm looking for an isolated areas to fly, where people aren't there that much. Sometime, I just hook my phone to the goggles, and use it as an alternative screen.

Do you also find it bothersome/annoying, or is it just me? 🫤
If you're flying with goggles, the FAA requires that you have a visual observer with you and that person can watch out for people around you too. I feel much more at ease when I have a second person with me when I'm flying no matter what.

Even when I'm flying VLOS without goggles, I like having a second person there with me in case anything happens, like a person walking up. I don't want to be distracted while flying no matter what.

That said, I personally think it's actually safer to fly FPV than VLOS because you have a much better view than you would have through an RC. So I think the observer requirement doesn't really add much in terms of safety. I rely on my ears and ADB-S to sense other aircraft in the area. That, and checking the sectional for the area just to get a sense of what might be likely to be there.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1