DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Moverio Drone Soar App thread (renamed)

kaz911

Reactions
The Moverio flight app is almost here - it is in final beta - quote Epson-Moverio March 27 2018
---

So where is it then - April 25th 2018?

I thought we needed a dedicated thread just for the promised flight app.

Reactions: chuck1026
Are you referring to the Moverio flight simulator app?

Epson AR Flight Simulator - Drone

Nope - a "DJI Go" replacement - so a flight app specially made for BT-300. I don't care the slightest bit about the Flight Sim app. I want AR Flight IRL :)

Epson_Moverio user left some hints of what some of the benefits are:
A few quick and dirty hints:

1) A mode that allows you to utilize your glasses front facing camera while flying.
2) The ability to choose menu items from the buttons on your TX, rather than the Moverio Trackpad.
3) Faster loading times
4) Updated UI

and as far as I have gathered it will use the BT-300 more actively - vs now it is only a "passive" display like a phone in front of your eyes.

Reactions: dmiles119
The Moverio flight app is almost here - it is in final beta - quote Epson-Moverio March 27 2018
---

So where is it then - April 25th 2018?

I thought we needed a dedicated thread just for the promised flight app.

Yes please - some more news about this would be very welcome and appreciated.

Nope - a "DJI Go" replacement - so a flight app specially made for BT-300. I don't care the slightest bit about the Flight Sim app. I want AR Flight IRL :)

Epson_Moverio user left some hints of what some of the benefits are:
A few quick and dirty hints:

1) A mode that allows you to utilize your glasses front facing camera while flying.
2) The ability to choose menu items from the buttons on your TX, rather than the Moverio Trackpad.
3) Faster loading times
4) Updated UI

and as far as I have gathered it will use the BT-300 more actively - vs now it is only a "passive" display like a phone in front of your eyes.

Sounds great. Please keep us posted.

Hey Ladies and Gents,

We are still diligently working on getting the version finalized for release. There were some new (exciting) unreported features that were added recently. It should not be long until release. Will have more specifics to come. Sorry for the delay.

Hey Ladies and Gents,

We are still diligently working on getting the version finalized for release. There were some new (exciting) unreported features that were added recently. It should not be long until release. Will have more specifics to come. Sorry for the delay.

that sounds great :) please don't let feature creep destroy this summer season flying :) I look forward to trying it.

And feel free to post more info on what is coming - screen shots would be great!

Reactions: ksmusa
that sounds great :) please don't let feature creep destroy this summer season flying :) I look forward to trying it.

And feel free to post more info on what is coming - screen shots would be great!
Thanks for the understanding. Will definitely post some screen shots in the coming days.

Vapourware?

The prospect of an optimized DJI app for the Movarios ensuring 100% compatibility and stability was one of my primary reasons for buying them. I thought that DJI GO 4 from the Moverio Store was optimized in some way by Epson before publishing, but this does not appear to be the case. I love my BT-300s, the experience is really fantastic already, so I am eager to see what enhancements they have come up with. The suspense is killing me.

Current version of DJI GO 4 on the store is not 100% compatible due to DPI issue which has been a known defect for a long time already (WiFi signal and Compass/Map display), with no official fix or work around. Epson claim to be a Premier FPV DJI partner for this product but I see no sign of cooperation between them to resolve this, only passing the buck back and forth.

I can understand Epson focusing their development resources their new software, but while there are no other alternatives (Litchi also doesn't work) support for the existing production environment as compatibility should be a priority. Is there any Quality Assurance before they publish the 'official' updates, which are identical to the versions available to other Android devices but only available weeks later? One would hope that this dwell time was due to some kind of validation

I have not had any other issues with the BT-300s to date, but for their price point and branding I expected more. After my drone, they are still the coolest gadget that I own.

Vapourware?

The prospect of an optimized DJI app for the Movarios ensuring 100% compatibility and stability was one of my primary reasons for buying them. I thought that DJI GO 4 from the Moverio Store was optimized in some way by Epson before publishing, but this does not appear to be the case. I love my BT-300s, the experience is really fantastic already, so I am eager to see what enhancements they have come up with. The suspense is killing me.

Current version of DJI GO 4 on the store is not 100% compatible due to DPI issue which has been a known defect for a long time already (WiFi signal and Compass/Map display), with no official fix or work around. Epson claim to be a Premier FPV DJI partner for this product but I see no sign of cooperation between them to resolve this, only passing the buck back and forth.

I can understand Epson focusing their development resources their new software, but while there are no other alternatives (Litchi also doesn't work) support for the existing production environment as compatibility should be a priority. Is there any Quality Assurance before they publish the 'official' updates, which are identical to the versions available to other Android devices but only available weeks later? One would hope that this dwell time was due to some kind of validation

I have not had any other issues with the BT-300s to date, but for their price point and branding I expected more. After my drone, they are still the coolest gadget that I own.
I totally agree with you, I have been debating to buy these glasses, personally I think they are expensive and are basically half-baked technology with issues they don't seem to take seriously and solve, both companies are billion-dollar enterprises but if only they would invest in these glasses or update and beef it up they would and should be the first port-of-call for would-be drone pilots.

Reactions: awsan5
I am excited as well. Don't have an exact date, but we are very close!
I know it is frustrating, but it will be worth the wait.
tenor.gif

It's like waiting for Christmas - the only difference is we know when that is coming.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78