DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

the new app update

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
as those on the forum will be aware the long awaited app update is now available at least on ios anyway cant speak for android

a couple of things to be aware of with the app update once you have installed the update to your device you will need to connect up the controller and the drone as though you were going to fly

as the ac connects you will see it says update required and then it will proceed to do the firmware update, but it has a lot of stuff that prevents the drone from flying, and will restrict flight if a lot of different scenarios exist, these are to prevent flight for newbies, to help stop some of the many issues that they are encountering, with flying without proper understanding of the requirements for a successful flight

one last thing you will need to update all your batteries as well ,apart from the one that you used for the update

Are the individual batteries updated by installing each in the MM then doing a full start up of the RC, app and MM?

That’s how I did it. And yes, after the update I had a list of 3 or 4 alerts advising why I was unable to take off, with incomprehensible error codes instead of plain language descriptions, eg.:

Adjustments.JPG

After sitting for 5 minutes or so these errors seemed to resolve on their own. I got them with updating the FW for each of the 3 batteries. Half-baked to get in before end-of-month?

Are the individual batteries updated by installing each in the MM then doing a full start up of the RC, app and MM?
I updated the firmware with full startup with MM, RC, and app, as required....and, yes, I (full) restarted with each battery and received notice of need for battery update. Battery updates went rather quickly. I had no concerns with updates to all, with "Go fly" after each battery. Will test fly it next year, tomorrow. Happy New Year.

the battery in the MM during the initial update gets updated, then after that any other batteries get updated when you first put them in the drone,after the firmware has been updated the MM will be switched off,it is important that before you turn the controller or device off ,and disconnect anything,that you restart the MM to store the update in its memory

Reactions: Thomas B
Has anyone figured out what DJI did to the batteries? As others have posted there’s nothing about it in the update notes.

I believe it is that battery cycle warning.
Maybe lets you know when the battery becomes unreliable?

Reactions: Grp0531
android is also out and operational...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000