DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The New DJI Mini 3 Pro Launch And Order Status!

LOL, likely more BS "cut and paste scripted" replies from DJI chat. I highly doubt they "drop off" anything but they likely have a UPS daily pickup at their warehouse. Mine was (I mean will be) shipped by UPS Ground per tracking. Maybe they will be shipping from Florida warehouse as they did my Air 2S and it will come the next day since I am in FL. Otherwise yet another week of waiting once it gets :D "dropped off" :D
If you look in your UPS tracking number details, it will say where it is shipping from.

If you look in your UPS tracking number details, it will say where it is shipping from.

Yea, saw that, but that is meaningless until it is initially physically scanned in by the driver or if they "drop it off.". :) My 2S said the same thing but came from Miami, The "details" uses the label origination account address but they can use the same account from anywhere. So it is possible it may still come from another warehouse. Having run a couple The UPS Stores in another life I learned that plus I still ship using my New Jersey account and "details" always shows previous NJ address where I haven't lived in 7 years until picked up and they won't change it since it is a different region. :)

Well, as of this morning, June 1, UPS still doesn't have it. Mine supposedly 'shipped' on May 26.
I contacted DJI chat this morning and was told UPS has had the package for several days and they were in contact with UPS to try and get them updated. Not sure what to believe at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: edgardcafe
USA
Same here. Going directly to the UPS website, and punching in your tracking number will tell you everything about it.
Labeled printed 5/25/2022
Not picked up......
scheduled delivery 6/1/2022

Label is printed, but has not been accepted into the UPS system yet. Just waiting some more.

Last edited:
Something is going on and it has nothing to do with them being so busy, or Covid, or whatever they post in their scripted chats. We'll never know the real story but they had no problem shipping to virtually every other country in the world from Austrailia to the UK 2+ weeks ago and individual retail chains within those countries. If even Amazon USA can't get them something is up and I am betting on some sort of regulatory delay in the US. Maybe they have to open every box and put on the FCC stickers. Considering they just recently (May 15th) got approval on the controller with screen and on the 11th for the drone itself maybe they have to open every box and stick on the FCC approval stickers which are required. Maybe if they were up front there wouldn't be so much aggravation. They can print shipping labels for the next 30 days and it doesn't mean a thing. They have no problem taking the money within hours of ordering.

Reactions: Stach
Something is going on and it has nothing to do with them being so busy, or Covid, or whatever they post in their scripted chats. We'll never know the real story but they had no problem shipping to virtually every other country in the world from Austrailia to the UK 2+ weeks ago and individual retail chains within those countries. If even Amazon USA can't get them something is up and I am betting on some sort of regulatory delay in the US. Maybe they have to open every box and put on the FCC stickers. Considering they just recently (May 15th) got approval on the controller with screen and on the 11th for the drone itself maybe they have to open every box and stick on the FCC approval stickers which are required. Maybe if they were up front there wouldn't be so much aggravation. They can print shipping labels for the next 30 days and it doesn't mean a thing. They have no problem taking the money within hours of ordering.
For whatever reason, the US has been scheduled for the last delivery slots ever since it was launched. Canadians are receiving their orders today, and those units are identical to the US ones - so not sure that it's a hardware issue.

For whatever reason, the US has been scheduled for the last delivery slots ever since it was launched. Canadians are receiving their orders today, and those units are identical to the US ones - so not sure that it's a hardware issue.

Doubt it's a hardware PROBLEM but a IMO likely a REGULATORY issue. Canadians don't require FCC approval and FCC stickers on every box, controller and drone. Considering SUBMISSION AND APPROVAL was just 2 weeks ago they likely have a lot of stickers to apply as each one has a specific device it has to go on.

Reactions: Torque and Stach
Doubt it's a hardware PROBLEM but a IMO likely a REGULATORY issue. Canadians don't require FCC approval and FCC stickers on every box, controller and drone. Considering SUBMISSION AND APPROVAL was just 2 weeks ago they likely have a lot of stickers to apply as each one has a specific device it has to go on.
I'm assuming they would have been made with the stickers well in advance, anticipating approval. But of course just a guess. I'll have to see if mine has a FCC sticker

Reactions: Torque
I'm assuming they would have been made with the stickers well in advance, anticipating approval. But of course just a guess. I'll have to see if mine has a FCC sticker
They can't as the FCC Number is assigned on approval. Look at all your other devices with FCC stickers. At least that's how it worked for the company my son-In-law runs. They manufacture GPS devices for the military and EU countries. I just randomly grabbed a box off my desk as an example:

2022-06-01 14.29.59.jpg

They can't as the FCC Number is assigned on approval. Look at all your other devices with FCC stickers. At least that's how it worked for the company my son-In-law runs. They manufacture GPS devices for the military and EU countries. I just randomly grabbed a box off my desk as an example:

View attachment 149169
Very interesting, thanks for that. I think that lends a lot of credibility to your theory that they physically don't have the products ready to ship, due to that.

Reactions: Stach and HDSRaptor
Very interesting, thanks for that. I think that lends a lot of credibility to your theory that they physically don't have the products ready to ship, due to that.
Def just a theory .... but sounds feasible. :)

It might be supply chain issues. I just bought a new truck. Took a month to get it delivered, then another month for my tonneau cover. Got the runaround from Real Truck for more than a month of delays. Cancelled the order even though they took my money when I placed the order. Sign of the times. I hope you guys get your drones soon. The thing that sucks for me is I gave away my mini 2 to my nephew a couple weeks ago assuming I'd have a replacement. Could have used it on a couple jobs.

Reactions: HDSRaptor
It might be supply chain issues. I just bought a new truck. Took a month to get it delivered, then another month for my tonneau cover. Got the runaround from Real Truck for more than a month of delays. Cancelled the order even though they took my money when I placed the order. Sign of the times. I hope you guys get your drones soon. The thing that sucks for me is I gave away my mini 2 to my nephew a couple weeks ago assuming I'd have a replacement. Could have used it on a couple jobs.

They had no problem supplying the entire world including Canada right next door EXCEPT for the USA. Sorry, don't buy "supply issues" or Covid either. These are made in China by a Chinese company who I am sure gets their parts ahead of others. Besides, if they had some being delivered I might agree with you, but there are none. Just like Apple does, they can put thousands of them in the belly of a 747 and fly them here in a matter of hours. Seen posts from Australia, Chile, New Zealand, UK and more on Facebook groups with photos for proof that they are getting them at retailers and direct from DJI buying them in retail stores and on Amazon ... but ZERO, ZILCH, NADA here in the US. If Amazon (US) has no clue as to when they will have any, something else is going on. I believe they are in this country awaiting some sort of regulatory action or just something as simple as applying FCC approval numbers to the boxes. They wouldn't be issuing tracking numbers if the product wasn't in warehouses and awaiting SOME SORT of clearance.

I'm just saying if you expect it to be on it's way, don't get your hopes up. I got the runaround from another online retailer and waited over a month for something they said they were going to ship within a few days. Kept getting delays until they basically said "we have no idea and gave me another month". It's a sign of the times. At least it's not baby formula.

• Wow
Reactions: edgardcafe
I don't care what their problem is. Bottom line, they took my $1000 on May 10th and I have no idea when I will get the product.

A few days is ok, but three weeks and counting? That's debt floating... most reputable vendors don't do that. Shame on DJI.

I don't care what their problem is. Bottom line, they took my $1000 on May 10th and I have no idea when I will get the product.

A few days is ok, but three weeks and counting? That's debt floating... most reputable vendors don't do that. Shame on DJI.
Mine just changed from shipping label created to origin scan. Fingers crossed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661