DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The new Ring security drone.

That is a great idea for security patrol at home !!! I see only 2 problems.
1- The thief will wont run away, they will steal the camera drone as well
2- My dog will try to chase the drone.

Last edited:
This is due out in 2021 for under $300. It patrols your home autonomously while in the AWAY mode. It will even tell you if you left the stove on. Drones are GOOD my friends!
Rofl, Ah...no. No patrol drone, no babbling sirey, no bot vac. Good grief.

This is due out in 2021 for under $300. It patrols your home autonomously while in the AWAY mode. It will even tell you if you left the stove on. Drones are GOOD my friends!
If you see a ring drone flying above somebody's house, just come right on in and burglarize the place.

The neon sign elephant in the room may defeat the purpose of having one of these.

As well as you're not the only one looking through your ring doorbell camera. LEOs wanna look too.

Somebody might complain about seeing your ring drone spying on them.

If you see a ring drone flying above somebody's house, just come right on in and burglarize the place.

The neon sign elephant in the room may defeat the purpose of having one of these.

As well as you're not the only one looking through your ring doorbell camera. LEOs wanna look too.

Somebody might complain about seeing your ring drone spying on them.
It doesn't go outside! :)

Reactions: pelagic_one
Come to think of it, it may be good for target practice with a nurf gun.

Reactions: MA2 317
As much as we don't like it, this is the future of drones (also it already here). If it works, in v1. 2 or 3. This will solve a issue with motion based cameras soon. Just saying.

I wonder how stable it is...

First of all, you know it's going to much, much louder than what it sounds like in the video. The noise should scare off any burglar.

While you know you want one, the battery life is about 5 minutes. It's designed to take short trips of about a minute. You won't be flying it around the house, going on missions. You are going to basically program a flight plan. Then press a button and watch what it sees. Which makes sense. If you are on away on vacation and want to see what is going on in your house. You just want to press a button and let it do its thing.The goal is to avoid a "hold my beer" moment and show off your remote flying skills as you crash your security drone into the fridge.

My dog (american staffy) would do a better job and tear the thief a new one ?

The Ring drone looks like a solution looking for a problem !!

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
I wonder if it can be trained and modified to get me a beer from the fridge

Reminds me of this silly product.

It's an alarm clock that launches a propeller into the room and you can't silence the alarm until you get up, find the propeller and stick it back in the clock.

Well, I guess you could smash it. ?

Last edited:
Another silly thought...If you have inside motion detectors from another security business, this thing will probably trip them and send alerts to you while it's on patrol in your domicile. :D

I'm not too sure about it's practicality but I watched the video more than once just for the laugh's

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure