DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Sun is not an obstacle

Duckydiver

Reactions
Hey guys And gals
Checking to see if we know yet an up Date

That the so called Sun in the sky is not an obstacle or a way to get around it without changing the
Settings in the setting for obstacles
Have we figured it out yet that the Sun is so far away it's not an obstacle

I'm just tired of the drone stopping and then me changing the settings or going into sports mode to bring it home because of the Sun do know if anybody's working on it
I know how to fix it so far in the settings in the controller in the
A yes or no would be awesome

Reactions: Ozman
Hey guys And gals
Checking to see if we know yet an up Date

That the so called Sun in the sky is not an obstacle or a way to get around it without changing the
Settings in the setting for obstacles
Have we figured it out yet that the Sun is so far away it's not an obstacle

I'm just tired of the drone stopping and then me changing the settings or going into sports mode to bring it home because of the Sun do know if anybody's working on it
I know how to fix it so far in the settings in the controller in the
A yes or no would be awesome

Haha. I was literally just having the same problem an hour ago. I just said screw it and flipped to sport mode. At the point where the sensors are picking up the sun, I can’t see anything out of my camera view even with the polarizer filter on.wish I knew how to fix both issues. So I could see going towards the sun, and so the sensors wouldn’t be effected by it.

turn off front sensors will avoid having to resort to sport mode,suxx i know

I guess they haven't figured out how to fix it so you don't have to turn it into sports modes and don't have to Change the settings lol

Did you try going to max shutter speed on the camera? That and dropping the ISO to 100 are about the only things you can do to deal with sun in the camera FOV.

Reactions: Duckydiver
So by changing the camera settings I shouldn't get the SUN Affecting the camera anymore
?

As he just said these systems are NOT related at all.

The sun interference will always be there and there's nothing you can do about it besides disabling the sensors.

I was addressing the second poster's issue of not being able to see anything from the camera due to the sun in the camera's FOV which has nothing to do with the forward vision object detection system issues.

I just turn the Mavic around and fly home backwards when there is no other way or zig zag my way back home. I don''t fly sport mode, just because. Also, point the camera down more so it isn't pointing directly into the sun.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky