DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 The Tall Ships Are Coming!

stevebarnes

Reactions
The Australian Wooden Boat Festival is on this weekend. I got a tip-off from someone in the Living Boat Trust who was traveling on the last leg of the incoming voyage. She told me that one of the tall ships would be docked at a jetty at a little town south of Hobart called Woodbridge last Thursday night, and leaving by 8am.

I got myself out of bed an hour earlier than usual and headed off, getting there at 7:40am. I wandered onto the jetty and found not one, not two ships.

I made ready to put my drone up. I'm glad I got there when I did because a bus load of ticketed tall ship passengers arrived just after my Mavic 3 was in the air.

Shortly after putting the drone up, two more ships appeared, standing off the jetty, waiting for the incumbents to cast off and clear the keto so they in turn could take on passengers.

In all, I photographed and videod four tall ships. What a privilege!

I hope you enjoy the video I put together of the photography. I'll assemble a video featuring footage in a few weeks time.

The video is not attaching in this post. View it .at

Being an old Navy man, I love ships. My wife and I also were able to take a day long cruise on a masted ship similar to the larger one you show. It was in New Zealand and, once we cleared any other boats, we went under sail. A great experience. Thanks for sharing.

Nice slide show

beautiful lines and craftsmanship on those vessel,s I had the privieledge of sailing along side several of them in san fran Thanks for that view

Just to share too, here's a video i recently did of a Tallship that came to Singapore.

This is the "Kaiwo Maru"

Being an old Navy man, I loved that. I also loved when our ship visited Singapore, but that was back in 1971, long before all the incredible modernization. I enjoyed sitting on the porch at the Raffles Hotel, sipping a Singapore Sling, and looking out over the harbor which as much closer then. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: skyscapist
Being an old Navy man, I loved that. I also loved when our ship visited Singapore, but that was back in 1971, long before all the incredible modernization. I enjoyed sitting on the porch at the Raffles Hotel, sipping a Singapore Sling, and looking out over the harbor which as much closer then. Thanks for sharing.
My pleasure!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas