DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Yellow River at Lanzhou (蘭州的黃河)

MPone

Reactions

The Yellow River often called the Mother River in China is the second longest river in China, after the Yangtze River, and the sixth longest river system in the world at the estimated length of 3395 miles. Originating in the Bayan Har Mountains in Qinghai province of Western China, it flows through nine provinces, and it empties into the Bohai Sea near the city of Dongying in Shandong province. Its basin was the birthplace of ancient Chinese civilization, and it was the most prosperous region in early Chinese history.

Zhongshan Bridge, also called the first bridge over the Yellow River. In the year 1907, under the proposal of local officers in Lanzhou and Gansu and the help of a Germany businessman, the Qing Government began to build this first iron bridge over the upper reaches of the Yellow River. All materials, even the rivets, were transported from Germany to China using ships, trains, carts and any other means possible. The bridge was completed in two years, and named "Lanzhou Iron Bridge over the Yellow River". In 1942, to commemorate Dr. Sun Yat-sen, the bridge was renamed Zhongshan Bridge (Zhongshan is the Chinese name of Dr. Sun Yat Sen).

Reactions: W5CI
Cool scenes. thanks also for the history/background. I’d like to have seen a nice poi around the temple and some closeups.

Reactions: MPone
Cool scenes. thanks also for the history/background. I’d like to have seen a nice poi around the temple and some closeups.

I try to not spend too much time droning at one spot. In case I get clobbered by security. Most places in China are drone forbidden. I do a quick flight and move on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardomavic