DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Theoretical: Equipment Required to Hover at a Target Indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.
What could you have sold it now for?
just sold it a few months ago,its my drone money,i didnt have the desire to finish the restro
what is the topic?:)

We know 20 minutes is what it takes to burn up a battery. What does it take to charge a battery? I figure the mavic could run all day long because the internal fans and the propellers cooling the motors. Platinum props increased your time in the air and make less noise. You would need enough batteries and chargers the be able to continuously run.

As a former private investigator having delt with many people in similar situations. I would recommend not wasting your time.
The root of the problem is that there is no trust. If you pull off the surveillance, either way you lose. Either it confirms she is cheating, or you will continue to be suspect. If she finds out you are doing it, you lose.
The lack of trust, for whatever reason you have it, is enough to suggest this is probably a relationship that is best let go. Without trust you will never be happy. And NOT catching her will not ease your suffering. I dont think this woman is the one for you. If she was, there would be NO suspicion at all.
Good luck with whatever you decide, but you are approaching a cliff that you cant keep from falling off of, no matter what you find.
Having worked both government and private surveillance...this is truly the best advice ever!

Does anyone know if running active track on my car will cause the battery to deplete much faster if I'm just hovering waiting for it to move?

Why dont you just hide in her trunk, and do surveillance that way. No battery life required.

Since ToasterDrones decided NOT to list his general location :( (city/country) along with his avatar, any suggestions made here are pretty useless because the laws about this sort or covert surveillance are radically different from country to country and even from one local authority to another.
All in all, a nicely done troll

Reactions: choo choo
Anyway it is insane to come here and ask us for advice to use drones to spy on another human being.

Anyway it is insane to come here and ask us for advice to use drones to spy on another human being.

Well there are worse things a man could do in a jealous rage. I realize the insanity of this plan. I live in Colorado, and am a CFII at a small airport. I would never do anything where the FAA could revoke my certs. This is a thought experiment regarding the theoretical capabilities of the mavic, and nothing more. WWJBD What would Jason Bourne Do?

Does anyone know if running active track on my car will cause the battery to deplete much faster if I'm just hovering waiting for it to move?

ToasterDrones, can we have pictures of your equipment? Some of us are starting to believe that you're trolling.

I don't condone the activity, but I've done endurance tests with a single mavic And 4 batteries.

I don't think your plan has enough batteries. One factor you may not have considered is the cool down period for the batteries. Mavic batteries will not charge when they are hot. Sometimes it takes 20-30 minutes to cool.

You can cheat and set them on ice to speed things up but this is risky as you may simply be cooling the temperature sensor but not actually cooling the cells adequately.

my friend has a mavic system also, we are short 2 tablets, more interested in theoretical limitations of what is possible, not something to go out and actually do. Don't you all get wacky drone ideas?

Helpful suggestions so far have been: battery heat issue, extra cooling fans, 3rd platinum on standby, crew fatigue, battery charge time regarding which dongle you should use, and of course, the tethered matrice

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat