DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

There is no current fix for video problems on Android

Geo

Reactions
So after reading about all the video glitches going on since the last upgrade, this is what I have found. At first I thought it was the MP itself had a problem transmitting. Did all sorts of adjustments in video and photo, to no avail. Now I'm running a Galaxy S7. I switched to my Ipad and voila, all problems are gone. So it's a software glitch on Androids. Don't bother trying to fix it unless you want to go back a version. We just have to wait for another update. Hopefully makes it better, not worse.

So after reading about all the video glitches going on since the last upgrade, this is what I have found. At first I thought it was the MP itself had a problem transmitting. Did all sorts of adjustments in video and photo, to no avail. Now I'm running a Galaxy S7. I switched to my Ipad and voila, all problems are gone. So it's a software glitch on Androids. Don't bother trying to fix it unless you want to go back a version. We just have to wait for another update. Hopefully makes it better, not worse.
i use an s7, and simply went back a version. All good now. I will not be updating until it is confirmed on here that whatever update is problem free.

Reactions: Odom1957
X3!!! Running .16 version and it is flawless!

I won't be upgrading till I hear of a stable release from this forum also.

Reactions: Skiergd011013
Hi guys, any links on how to downgrade my J3? I have the same issue with latest upgrades >_<
Also what exactly needs downgrading, just the app or the drone's firmware as well?

Hi guys, any links on how to downgrade my J3? I have the same issue with latest upgrades >_<
Also what exactly needs downgrading, just the app or the drone's firmware as well?
If you have firmware .0400 I would downgrade the firmware to .0300 or .0200

App downgrade to 4.2.12 or any not above 4.2.16

See post #2 in this link on how to:
Downgrade DJI GO 4 app?

Reactions: madnoob
Thanks guys, downgraded my app to 4.2.16 and everything is back to normal ^_^.
@DJI FIX THIS!!!
I recently contacted their support via FB and they said that my device is not compatible... right...

The reason they want you to "upgrade" AC firmware or Go4 app is to protect THEIR BU**S. Period.
For the last year? or so, they have been throwing in restrictions/quizes etc. to limit your AC, to "hobble" your AC, from what you originally purchased back when.
With flight "patterns" used as bait. You should be able to fly those "patterns" yourself, manually...

If your AC and phone/tablet setup are working fine and stable, my opinion, I would leave it alone.
And keep all in "airplane" mode. YOU should decide when it talks to the "MotherLand"...

Reactions: Mossiback
Thanks guys, downgraded my app to 4.2.16 and everything is back to normal ^_^.
@DJI FIX THIS!!!
I recently contacted their support via FB and they said that my device is not compatible... right...
That is all they have said in response to the issues.

They told me a NOTE 8 is not compatible. Not on the list. LMFAO !! One of the most powerful devices out there. NOTE 4 is on the list though. HAHAHAHAHAHA !
They probably have not tested a single device since the Note 4, 705c which came out before their partnership with Apple.

I'm not stuck on one side or the other. I fly Samsung or Apple.

I have a Ipad Mini 4, S3 Tab 820, Note 8, Note 4, Acer Iconia. I just need devices that work and are stable. So far, the NOTE 8 has ran the best of all including my Mini. I think that device is on it's way out too. Only 2G of ram, and an older gen cpu A8. Many reports similar to mine with 0400 firmware, IOS app 4.2.22. Zebra bars, choppy squares around video transmission. I'm going to try to roll back that app version. 0400 firmware also gave me an "Aircraft Disconnected" issue right after that video crap. Contacted DJI, and they said no reports of problems with the firmware. LOL

I can't fly IOS on too hot or too cold of days. The tablets just shut down. Samsung S3 ran fine on a near 100 deg day. Ran fine when it was 18 deg out. Mini starts up and shuts down. lol
I can't have that either when I use these for work. Even the CS's some other guys have had ran into trouble with high temps.

No, its a software glitch on *samsungs* which is NOT the same as "android". Given how much Samsung alter, change and butcher core aspects of the android OS and kernel you'd struggle to call it android.

It works fine on most android phones (and android phones that actually run android like pixel/nexus range).

"It works fine on most android phones"

No, it doesn't! Not after updating.
It is a software glitch on DJI GO 4 app. They are not optimizing their app when adding new features making it to need more capacity from the phones, and also someone reported to have memory leaks.

Even on their own devices, the app is giving problems. CrystalSky! Look:

Right now, I found a really good and inexpensive phone that is working really good with DJI GO 4 app with the latest updated. Vernee Mars Pro. It has a CPU Helio P25 2.5GHz Octa 64 bits with 6GB Ram. I bought it for 159€ on Amazon.es

Working perfectly on Pixel 2 XL, Nexus5x (both of which run proper pure android) and fine on my Mediadpad M3 (Slightly butchered android).

Yes they aren't optimising their app but it still works on android devices. Yes it also has memory leaks, you can set it to close on screen lock which helps with that.
Its not great software but the problems arent android, its specific heavily modified devices having the biggest issue.

Reactions: fishcomish
Vernee Mix 2 4GB Ram 64GB Rom works absolutely fine so much for DJI's approved list bet they never even heard of Vernee lol

I can confirm that the .21 version does not work fine on a Pixel XL running Android P, developer preview 4. Versions prior to .21 don't even start on Android P; the .21 release runs but with glitchy video.

Litchi also fails to start on Android P. I'm hopeful this will all shake out in the next few weeks, one way or the other.

Working perfectly on Pixel 2 XL, Nexus5x (both of which run proper pure android) and fine on my Mediadpad M3 (Slightly butchered android).

Yes they aren't optimising their app but it still works on android devices. Yes it also has memory leaks, you can set it to close on screen lock which helps with that.
Its not great software but the problems arent android, its specific heavily modified devices having the biggest issue.

I agree...it seems like most of the issues are with mfgrs that butcher the Android OS or add huge layers - like Samsung. Frankly I can't stand that crap, and have no plans to buy another Samsung device because of it (I've had two). I wish all phone companies would stop messing with the OS and just leave it alone. I have two Huawei phones that work just fine with all the latest versions (yes, Huawei messes with the OS, but apparently not heavily, and DJI does specifically support them). I agree that DJI may not be spending enough time testing/debugging on other platforms, but I'd be hard pressed to agree that it's purely their problem. Sooner or later these companies need to be held accountable for contributing to the Android fracturing problem.

LP

it seems like most of the issues are with mfgrs that butcher the Android OS or add huge layers

Come on, even their own device, CrystalSky is having the same problem with DJI GO 4.
Well, what a modified android has to do with an app that has memory leaks, and for each update they increase the amount of resources it needs to work? Just take a look:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180720-054505.png
    Screenshot_20180720-054505.png
    207.8 KB · Views: 34
Nexus 6 and Samsung J7 both had pixilation and delay issues with 4.2.20 and .21. Downgraded to 4.2.14 and all is good once again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803