DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

They're Here!!! Taking Questions...

has anyone figured out how to get the audio to work when uploading .MOV files to the DCIM > 100MEDIA folder?

It works on Android I understand. Is this internal or does it rely on a tablet for the OS?
So if it's the latter, then I can't use my Apple devices at all?
If so, no Goggles for me. Shame on you DJI!
I think I most of us use iOS ?

Umm no, only Apple users think only about Apple users.

Anyone have the screen automatically turn off when taking off the headset, or lifting it up? One Feature is the sensor is to automatically turn off the display to save the battery, but mine do not. Even if I put them in the Eco Mode. Setting I'm missing? Just got them. My opinion is I'm not wowed by them at first use. There nice, but not living up to the hype, but have not dived into all the modes yet. Got a 2 minute flight in before it started raining for the entire Memorial Day Weekend.

Anyone have the screen automatically turn off when taking off the headset, or lifting it up? One Feature is the sensor is to automatically turn off the display to save the battery, but mine do not. Even if I put them in the Eco Mode. Setting I'm missing? Just got them. My opinion is I'm not wowed by them at first use. There nice, but not living up to the hype, but have not dived into all the modes yet. Got a 2 minute flight in before it started raining for the entire Memorial Day Weekend.
I have not experienced this :(

I have not experienced this :(

You have to admit the picture is stunning. In "smooth" mode the picture quality is simply amazing.

The only thing I hate is the way it sits on my head. The top pad is too low and I wish I could remove it and wrench down on my head.

You have to admit the picture is stunning. In "smooth" mode the picture quality is simply amazing.

The only thing I hate is the way it sits on my head. The top pad is too low and I wish I could remove it and wrench down on my head.
Could not agree more about both picture quality and where the band sits.

Picture Quality: Jaw dropping and worth the money

Ergonomics: I know building a unit that fits all head shapes is impossible but it does seem like that top head brace is off, at least for me.

Could not agree more about both picture quality and where the band sits.

Picture Quality: Jaw dropping and worth the money

Ergonomics: I know building a unit that fits all head shapes is impossible but it does seem like that top head brace is off, at least for me.

I wish that top plate thing was adjustable! Like where I could move it up a little.

Also it feels like the goggle sits away from my face a little on the bottom. But I still like it.

The smooth mode is crazy. It gives you the feeling you can fly the Mavic anywhere

So is the idea with these that you flip them up to get the bird in the air, then once in a safe place you drop the goggles down and see the camera feed in the goggles? And turning your head turns the camera?

So now just don't crash the mavic and write it off.... Other wise the Google's would be a waste

So is the idea with these that you flip them up to get the bird in the air, then once in a safe place you drop the goggles down and see the camera feed in the goggles? And turning your head turns the camera?

I would say yes. Although after getting used to them I put the goggles on, and I acquire GPS quickly on .400, and I take off in P mode. Once I've cleared my roof and trees I take it into Sport mode and fly away.

The Goggles certainly give a feel of confidence that's scary. I just fly around and look around at all the stuff I could never see before. Pretty cool.

Occasionally I pull the goggles up and take a look.

I take off with them on but flip them up to land . Keep in mind when using head tracking to move the camera that you can get confused where the Mavic is flying . I would not use head tracking if below the tree line or near obstacles as the Mavic can be moving in another direction than what you are looking at . Since you can't see the aircraft in the goggles there really needs to be an indication on the screen as to where the nose of the aircraft is so you can easily line back up with the direction of travel .

I take off with them on but flip them up to land . Keep in mind when using head tracking to move the camera that you can get confused where the Mavic is flying . I would not use head tracking if below the tree line or near obstacles as the Mavic can be moving in another direction than what you are looking at . Since you can't see the aircraft in the goggles there really needs to be an indication on the screen as to where the nose of the aircraft is so you can easily line back up with the direction of travel .
Doesn't the triangle in the missile of the screen indicate your heading?

Doesn't the triangle in the missile of the screen indicate your heading?

It does indicate the direction the Mavic is heading but not the way I am necessarily facing at the moment . I don't want to rotate my entire body to reorient the view in the goggles . Maybe a button to quickly re-center the view would work .

Reactions: popcornpam
It does indicate the direction the Mavic is heading but not the way I am necessarily facing at the moment . I don't want to rotate my entire body to reorient the view in the goggles . Maybe a button to quickly re-center the view would work .
That I can agree with. A button to quickly recenter the camera view while in head tracking mode would be perfect.

Reactions: rydfree
I just heard the goggles don't have any type of ventilaiton or fan. Is this true? If so there is no way I can use them here in hot and humid Florida, they'll be fogged up in seconds as I've read reported from others. Now I have to wait until Goggles V2 come out, at least that shouldn't be more than a few months, lol. I am very disappointed.

Reactions: Heavysledz
I just heard the goggles don't have any type of ventilaiton or fan. Is this true? If so there is no way I can use them here in hot and humid Florida, they'll be fogged up in seconds as I've read reported from others. Now I have to wait until Goggles V2 come out, at least that shouldn't be more than a few months, lol. I am very disappointed.
The goggles have a built in fan but not sure if it is intended to prevent fogging or to cool the electronics in the headset....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78