DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thieves break window and steal drone from car in heavy traffic in California

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks staged to me! I mean, if that were me, my first instinct would be to chase them down while on the phone with the police. I wouldn't be standing around scratching my head, and looking everywhere BUT in the direction of the vehicle fleeing the scene!
I wasn't going to get into this discussion at all, but reading some of these ridiculous responses and not commenting is growing very difficult for sure. If you're crawling along slowly in heavy traffic, and all of a sudden you're back window blows up, I would think your first assumption would be that someone ran into the back of the vehicle. Now I watch behind me in the mirrors all the time, but most people probably don't. So you would probably unbuckle your seat belt, and get out and walk to the back of the vehicle, to see what happened. Your first assumption would not be that someone in an adjacent lane, broke the back window and grabbed your stuff out of the vehicle. So to not look at all the vehicles in other lanes while walking to the back of the vehicle, doesn't seem out of the ordinary. It's like anything else, to watch it later on video and see things that I would do differently, is very common. I'm sure it was much different at the moment. It looks like though a go fund me he ended up getting enough to buy new equipment, and a new back window. Hopefully a lesson learned as well.

I wasn't going to get into this discussion at all, but reading some of these ridiculous responses and not commenting is growing very difficult for sure. If you're crawling along slowly in heavy traffic, and all of a sudden you're back window blows up, I would think your first assumption would be that someone ran into the back of the vehicle. Now I watch behind me in the mirrors all the time, but most people probably don't. So you would probably unbuckle your seat belt, and get out and walk to the back of the vehicle, to see what happened. Your first assumption would not be that someone in an adjacent lane, broke the back window and grabbed your stuff out of the vehicle. So to not look at all the vehicles in other lanes while walking to the back of the vehicle, doesn't seem out of the ordinary. It's like anything else, to watch it later on video and see things that I would do differently, is very common. I'm sure it was much different at the moment. It looks like though a go fund me he ended up getting enough to buy new equipment, and a new back window. Hopefully a lesson learned as well.
Good point!

I agree. Further, people act differently under stress. Monday morning QB'ing is pretty lame.
What bothers me here is that people are soooo quick to blame the victim instead of the disgusting individuals that would do something like this. Anyone who thinks that glass doesn't break like that can take their movie-watching PI credentials and stuff them. Glass DOES in fact break like that.
As for RID: obviously they stated they were watched and followed...OK movie enthusiasts...so with RID...very easy to locate the drone's general location and with a bit of time, the drone and its pilot.
This crime is unfortunate and so is RID. We should be upset with both; not adding 'insult to injury' here.

Didn't realize not believing something would create such an uproar LOL ?

Reactions: Vapor069
Didn't realize not believing something would create such an uproar LOL [emoji1787]

None of you were there nor do you have a first hand account of the incident. Yet so many of you are armchair private investigators. I don’t believe that you don’t believe it’s real. See how silly that sounds.

None of you were there nor do you have a first hand account of the incident. Yet so many of you are armchair private investigators. I don’t believe that you don’t believe it’s real. See how silly that sounds.
You were not there either and you judge me and call me a name because I don't believe something? :rolleyes:

You were not there either and you judge me and call me a name because I don't believe something? :rolleyes:
Let’s let it ride folks... thanks.

Ok guys just deleted a post after staff said to lay off.
Being you paid him no mind you will me.
Seems lots just won’t read our guidelines.
So..This ends another segment of

As the prop turns.​

CLOSED​

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_