DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Things not to do whilst flying your drone...

It definitely wouldn't have made sense for the original Mavic to not have an RC.
But I was focused on Phantoms at the time, so maybe I'm thinking when the P4 first came out, then the Pro. Both had a remote.
You are, indeed, confusing the two. The original Mavic in 2016 came in two options. A plain Mavic that had no RC controller, for $749, simply called the Mavic (which was completely controlled through a Wifi connection to the phone) , and a Mavic with an RC which was called the Mavic Pro for $999, as discussed above in the link, which is the only one anyone remembers!

Hence the DJI confusion about what Pro meant. On the Mavic, it only meant that it included an RC. On the Phantom 3 Standard, which preceded the Mavic, it also had an RC, but the Phantom 3 Pro had Lightbridge instead of a WiFi RC connection for extended range. It was odd that DJI used Pro on the original Mavic to only designate that it came with an RC.

You are, indeed, confusing the two. The original Mavic in 2016 came in two options. A plain Mavic that had no RC controller, for $749, simply called the Mavic (which was completely controlled through a Wifi connection to the phone) , and a Mavic with an RC which was called the Mavic Pro for $999, as discussed above in the link, which is the only one anyone remembers!
The Mavic Pro was always named "Mavic Pro". DJI never released a product called a "Mavic".

While it was mentioned as an option in the Mavic Pro live event, DJI never released the $749 package without the remote controller. The DJI Spark is the only consumer drone they've ever sold without a remote controller.

1568205759414.png

Reactions: JS1600
The Mavic Pro was always named "Mavic Pro". DJI never released a product called a "Mavic".

While it was mentioned as an option in the Mavic Pro live event, DJI never released the $749 package without the remote controller. The DJI Spark is the only consumer drone they've ever sold without a remote controller.

View attachment 81511
Never said that the Mavic Pro was named the Mavic. The original nomenclature was that the $749 Mavic had no RC, while the $999 Mavic Pro included the RC. Since you are contending they didn't actually sell the $749 Mavic, there should have been no reason whatsoever to call the Mavic with the RC the Mavic Pro, since there was to be no Mavic. What was Pro about a Mavic without an RC? But for the marketing gaffe of announcing a product they never sold (Mavic which had no RC) DJI would have called the Mavic Pro the Mavic, which is exactly why the Mavic 2 isn't called the Mavic Pro 2!

Never said that the Mavic Pro was named the Mavic. The original nomenclature was that the $749 Mavic had no RC, while the $999 Mavic Pro included the RC.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say now. As you can seen in the photo above (where DJI announced the "Mavic Pro"), even the Mavic Pro without the remote controller was named the "Mavic Pro".

I'm not sure what you're trying to say now. As you can seen in the photo above (where DJI announced the "Mavic Pro"), even the Mavic Pro without the remote controller was named the "Mavic Pro".
I'm saying the same thing I said before. The Mavic Pro was called a Pro because it came with an RC because they were going to sell it as a Mavic without the RC. Since the Mavic was supposedly never sold without the RC, it's a moot point. The distinction became irrelevant, but there is nothing Pro about put the Mavic Pro. It should have been called the Mavic, except they intended to sell it without the controller as the Mavic, so they called it the Mavic Pro. The Mavic 2 isn't called the Mavic Pro 2! The nomenclature is confusing and has finally been rectified!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d