DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thinking of buying a Mini 4 Pro- should I wait? Pro 5 on the horizon?

khabbi

Reactions
Please forgive me if this is common knowledge, I'm not a newb, just have been out of the loop on whether DJI plans on upgrading the Pro 4 to a Pro 5 since it's been out for a year?

Does anyone know what's going on with this?

Thank you in advance. And sorry for those that hate the question. :)

I bought a Mini 4 Pro a few months ago. It is nearly ideal. It had been out long enough for the aftermarket "market" to mature (bags, parallel chargers, ND filters, etc). But if I were ready to buy now, I think I'd be in the same conflict as you seem to be. If you can do without accessories for awhile, I'd wait for the 5. Sorry I can't be more help.

I was having the same thoughts, but after reading all over the www, it doesn't seem to be coming in 2024. Mid 2025 seems to be the word on the web, from the rabbit holes I went down, at least. I went ahead and got the mini pro4 on prime day.

It came this morning and after messing around with it for a bit, I can't wait to see how it does in the field. It'll be nice to not travel with the Mavic 3 pro.

Any answer you receive regarding a release date for a Mini 5 will be pure speculation or rumor.

If you want to fly, buy the Mini 4 Pro now and get to it. If and when a more advanced version is released, and you like it, you can sell the Mini 4 Pro without a great loss. Used DJI drones are highly marketable.

I just recently bought my Mini 4 Pro.
After playing with it a couple times, I can't see much of an improvement that can be made other than flight time.
I'm sure someone will think of something like "add sparkles" or something but I don't see any improvement being worth a speculative wait.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terraflowersmiami