DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This camera is incredible!

Doesn't work unless the EXIF data is retained when edited and exported. I really wish people would share their setting and EXIF. Would seriously help newbies,

Correct. I did mention if the uploader strips the EXIF it won't work.

Most of the time the EXIF is not stripped, but depending on how the images are processed it can be. Some people view it as protecting their work, and there are lots of other reasons, but yes it is not as helpful for those learning.

Really though, it is of limited value anyway because there are no magical settings. Just because someone used X settings for an image, unless you are up there flying right beside them, your scene will probably require something different. Also, in the photo modes, it is much more reasonable to use the semi-auto modes (such as aperture priority) which will let you set the aperture and ISO and the drone will handle the shutter speed. None of the images in this thread would be difficult to capture from a photography perspective - it would be more dependent on your ability as a pilot. There is also a lot of room for error if your end usage is a low resolution web-sized image rather than a large print or something similar, and that makes it even easier to get good results which is great while learning.

Great Shots Guys! Need to pick up some filters for my MP2 ... Polar suggested the Vivid Collection... Any thoughts. ? Thanks!

Correct. I did mention if the uploader strips the EXIF it won't work.

Most of the time the EXIF is not stripped, but depending on how the images are processed it can be. Some people view it as protecting their work, and there are lots of other reasons, but yes it is not as helpful for those learning.

Really though, it is of limited value anyway because there are no magical settings. Just because someone used X settings for an image, unless you are up there flying right beside them, your scene will probably require something different. Also, in the photo modes, it is much more reasonable to use the semi-auto modes (such as aperture priority) which will let you set the aperture and ISO and the drone will handle the shutter speed. None of the images in this thread would be difficult to capture from a photography perspective - it would be more dependent on your ability as a pilot. There is also a lot of room for error if your end usage is a low resolution web-sized image rather than a large print or something similar, and that makes it even easier to get good results which is great while learning.

Yes I agree it is of limited value but I assume there are a lot of 'real newbies' to drones and for that reason, photography. Seeing exposure data for a variety of scenes may well help them with a starting point for a variety of scenes and subjects though.
As for me... I'm more interested in seeing the duration of exposures in low light. I'm blown away that drone pilots here can muster sharp images at an 8 second exposure.

It doesn't matter if you were viewing it on an IMAX screen, if the image is web-resolution (Say, 800X600 for example sake), that is the resolution. You can scale it up to 4K or 8K or whatever you want but that doesn't change anything. Also, that TV can only show about 8MP which is a fraction of the original image's resolution. Everything looks good when it is dowsampled so much :)

Then what was all the complaining about down sampling on the M2P's camera? Hahaha! Just kidding!

1536x1024 is what the the website allows. You are correct, my TV up samples to 3840x2160 (or thereabouts). Regardless, there's more to an image than the picture count. Color, composition, framing, etc. It's an awesome picture, period.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun