DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

**** this hobby gets expensive

Yep d
I bought my M2Z at the end of August and since then the setup costs have been mounting. I am hoping I am nearing the end now.

Drone £1099
Fly more kit £279
Dji care £109
4K PC monitor £400
Partial Pc upgrade £2000
Photoshop elements 2019 £70
Droneguard 250 backpack £95
Landing mat £10
Crystalsky £679
Filters £60
Mavmount plus brackets £100
SD cards £60
3 party multi charger £35
Leg extensions £10
Public liability insurance £45
Prop holders £8
BITS AND BOBS £70

Loc8tor device £53

How do you guys compare?

I bought my M2Z at the end of August and since then the setup costs have been mounting. I am hoping I am nearing the end now.

Drone £1099
Fly more kit £279
Dji care £109
4K PC monitor £400
Partial Pc upgrade £2000
Landing mat £10
Crystalsky £679
Filters £60
SD cards £60
Leg extensions £10
Prop holders £8
BITS AND BOBS £70

Loc8tor device £53

How do you guys compare?
Yep sounds about right lol I got all that and then added the zoom. :)

let's see...over the past 12 months i've aquired:

mp & fly more 1300$
landing pad 15$
nd filters 70$
camera strap 0$
mav mount 30$
ipad 250$
katana mount 60$
U-bar mount 20$ - for handheld use
propeller guards 20$
hardshell case 40$

not bad when I tally it in my head :)

You guys should realize that if the OP spent all that money on those things it means he is rich. No average Joe can splurge like that. So, the expenses are Ok. I am sure the cost is not really hurting him because reality would set in and he would have to sell some things.

I know I refer to the M2P as a $2,000 drone. I myself have spent a total of about $2,200 now on this drone and that is pushing it, for me. I am just glad that as long as I keep it in pristine condition, as I am doing, when I get to sell it I am sure to get atleast half of that money back.

I know I cannot own this drone for more than 2 years. I will definitely sell it before its 2 years anniversary with me.

I don't know if some of you guys plan to keep it for say up to 3 years or more. I just cannot. In 2 years or less, if DJI comes out with a portable upgrade to this, I would like to sell and buy it. That is what I did with my Mavic Pro to buy this Mavic 2 Pro.

You guys should realize that if the OP spent all that money on those things it means he is rich. No average Joe can splurge like that. So, the expenses are Ok. I am sure the cost is not really hurting him because reality would set in and he would have to sell some things.

I know I refer to the M2P as a $2,000 drone. I myself have spent a total of about $2,200 now on this drone and that is pushing it, for me. I am just glad that as long as I keep it in pristine condition, as I am doing, when I get to sell it I am sure to get atleast half of that money back.

I know I cannot own this drone for more than 2 years. I will definitely sell it before its 2 years anniversary with me.

I don't know if some of you guys plan to keep it for say up to 3 years or more. I just cannot. In 2 years or less, if DJI comes out with a portable upgrade to this, I would like to sell and buy it. That is what I did with my Mavic Pro to buy this Mavic 2 Pro.
When the lid goes down my wife will put this and all accessories with it,so she doesn't have to hear about or see it anymore

Reactions: gtione

Drone £1099
Fly more kit £279
Dji care £109
4K PC monitor £400
Partial Pc upgrade £2000
Landing mat £10
Crystalsky £679
Filters £60
SD cards £60
Leg extensions £10
Prop holders £8
BITS AND BOBS £70

Loc8tor device £53

How do you guys compare?
I can almost see the jaundice beginning to appear around what sounds like the ever increasing "white" edges of your bank account. :rolleyes:;)
Better add a wind sock to that list. A model aircraft supplies shop option should not hammer the plastic too much though! Make up your own pole and frame, which is what seems to be the most expensive component here (NZ)

Wait until you've really been bitten by the drone bug and Obsessive Drone Disorder kicks in, I now have 7 drones plus a bunch of accessories for each.

Wait until you get a irretrievable fly-away, then you'll know what expensive is.

Stings like a *****.
That's what insurance is for. :cool:

Reactions: gtione
Reactions: fleurdelisxliv
pretty cheap in retrospect to phograpghy
this year i got the
sony a7iii-2500
24-240-1200
35 f1.4-800
50 1.8 400
arca swiss bracket 80
remote-30